UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

It's stopped raining here but the wind is very autumnal (funny that, with it being autumn) :rolleyes:

RMF : I have been dismantling and moving furniture, hoovering and dusting. The new rugs are a dream to vacuum because they are flatweave. I have also been taking pics of the sideboard so I can bung it on eBay when the new one arrives (hopefully tomorrow). I am loving the storage space that the large sideboard and the cabinet are giving me, but I'm sure I will find lots of stuff to fill the space. I am now 'ot and sweaty but I need to finish the hoovering and clean the kitchen next.

Edited by merledogs

RMF : I have been dismantling and moving furniture, hoovering and dusting. The new rugs are a dream to vacuum because they are flatweave. I have also been taking pics of the sideboard so I can bung it on eBay when the new one arrives (hopefully tomorrow). I am loving the storage space that the large sideboard and the cabinet are giving me, but I'm sure I will find lots of stuff to fill the space. I am now 'ot and sweaty but I need to finish the hoovering and clean the kitchen next.

Where do you find all that energy Alex :unsure:

Hope the new sideboard fits in well and that No 1 sideboard can be sold quickly :)

thanks Ange. The ambull had been spayed thank god, as we worked out from paperwork that was with her she had been rehomed with her son, and both had been neutered by the RSPCA. Holding the end with the teeth while a vet has her hand up a dogs flue is a bit concerning, though she was a delight throughout the examination. Vet thinks she just has a bladder infection as she seems happy enough in herself and eating and drinking well enough, so anti biotics at the ready. Owners finally got the message at 6pm so rang but were happy enough with what we had done up till then. It can be a tad stressy having 50 or so dogs to look after at times :wacko:

Phew, very glad that she is ok :flowers: It must be very stressful having to deal with illness in someone else's dog :(

Tis very windy and rainy here, so glad we organised our family thing for yesterday and not today!

Where do you find all that energy Alex :unsure:

Hope the new sideboard fits in well and that No 1 sideboard can be sold quickly :)

Thank you :flowers: Have no idea where the energy came from, but just knew that stuff needed to be done today or else there would be nowhere for the sideboard to go tomorrow when it arrives.

This mornings was very quick, cold and wet.

Story of my life, and I'm not talking dogwalking :rolleyes::laugh:

we have a HUGE distemper outbreak locally , a lot of dogs we have of course vaccinated but there are hundreds more we have not

dogs are dying and I am trying to work out sorting out emergancy vaccination clinics , we are desperate for help and I mean desperate. We have a huge funding gap for last month and are eating into our reserves.

Everyone here has been fantastic with monetery support so I am not asking for money from you guys ( honest I am not ) what we need is extra helpers to get our message out to more people who might be intrested in supporting us

If anyone has any free time to help can they please email [email protected] , even if you have an hour free a month that would be a great help

Many Thanks

Sam x

I am about to put up a thread in fundraising with this years scarves from egypt.... As well as bringing some back on my last trip, I took photos of the scarves available and the colours, so if people prefer, I can try to buy to order when i go back in a few weeks. I know I would normally wait till nearer christmas, but Dogstar is desperate for funds and desperately need to fund a clinic so please, if any of the ones I have already got here appeal, buy them now so we can get some money to Sam :flowers:

I am about to put up a thread in fundraising with this years scarves from egypt.... As well as bringing some back on my last trip, I took photos of the scarves available and the colours, so if people prefer, I can try to buy to order when i go back in a few weeks. I know I would normally wait till nearer christmas, but Dogstar is desperate for funds and desperately need to fund a clinic so please, if any of the ones I have already got here appeal, buy them now so we can get some money to Sam :flowers:

Nipped over to Fundraising but was too early :laugh: Missed out last time so to make sure I get some this time round I will go and lurk till the thread is up

:wavey: Back from my trip up to Derby. Had a great time last night, didn't fall off my 5" high heels :biggrin:

The boys had a great time at the dog sitter. I spent an hour there yesterday before I left them. Tracey has 4 Labs of her own and a huge long garden so Wiggle had a good run around and play with Megan, Hazel and Bailey while Sir H spent a lot of time following oldie Lucy around, trying to clean her ears :rolleyes:

Afternoon

Not been up long :rolleyes: I would win a sleeping competition hands down at the moment.

It's a bit wild out there isn't it but apparently I've missed the worst of it.

Hope those with lurgy are feeling better. Suzeanna I hope your oh can have the vaccine soon. I thought they were supposed to be rolling that out to those most at risk. There has been a sharp rise in the numbers coming down with Swine Flu the last couple of weeks. I was only 1 of 53,000 the week I came down with it.

Cherry :wub:

Edited by Jacobean

Everyone here has been fantastic with monetery support so I am not asking for money from you guys ( honest I am not ) what we need is extra helpers to get our message out to more people who might be intrested in supporting us

I know you're not asking for money, but the Merledogs have sent a donation anyway :flowers:

" Cherry enjoyed the qualifying of the F1 yesterday and is looking forward to watching the race today. (sky plus is her friend!)"

cherryF1.jpg

She is fascinated by it :rolleyes:

:laugh::wub:

OH has retreated to bed, sneezing coughing and with a bad headache! :unsure: I hope it's just the cold that is going round at his work, and not flu of any kind...he's asthmatic and he really doesn't need it.

Fingers crossed it's nothing bad :flowers:

RMF : Off to put fresh bedding on (one of my least favourite jobs) and then have a bath.