UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November Rmf

owl

morning. its blowing a gale here and peeing down rather heavily too. Ive done a few hours kennel scrubbing and im now soggy from top to bottom. quick change into dry clothes and a hot coffee i should be right as rain.

I think we have 2 greyhounds coming in today who are only 17 months old. Not interested when they were taken to the track to try them out.... they heard the hare, saw the hare and ran away :laugh: Sensible dogs eh :laugh:

I think we have 2 greyhounds coming in today who are only 17 months old. Not interested when they were taken to the track to try them out.... they heard the hare, saw the hare and ran away :laugh: Sensible dogs eh :laugh:

Very sensible, are they rescues? :unsure:

Cherry will not even go outside to wee :rolleyes:

Just getting up as I have been cough cough cough most of the night. Why can't I cough during the day like normal people? :mad:

Another one whose dogs are not entertaining the idea of going out here. At 6am this morning Jake reversed out of the door and stuck his bum out (just) to have a poo, and Tess raced out, had a quick wee under the chicken house and galloped back in. I've just come in from doing the pony so am soaking and thought I might tempt them out for a walk as I'm wet anyway, but they are lying in their beds giving me filthy looks :laugh:

Very sensible, are they rescues? :unsure:

Yes, I have RGT Merseyside branch here at the kennels now, so always lots of greyhounds coming and going. its only a little branch but we have lovely volunteers come daily to walk and play with them and an organised bunch fundraising and doing events. rgt merseyside are the ones we have in, plus 3 coming in today.

Yes, I have RGT Merseyside branch here at the kennels now, so always lots of greyhounds coming and going. its only a little branch but we have lovely volunteers come daily to walk and play with them and an organised bunch fundraising and doing events. rgt merseyside are the ones we have in, plus 3 coming in today.

I knew I shouldn't have looked, now I'm very taken with Jake :wub:

Morning. Just. We've been struck by the Bad Weather Fairy too :(

Im having a hellish time trying to get hold of an owner with a query about her ambull bitch. She is either coming into season or has an infection starting. I dont know if she is spayed and vets dont know either as she came from rescue and no records of it. I cant risk not getting her checked over incase its an infection or pyometra, but if its just a season i guess i will look like a right muppet at the vets :laugh: She is not swollen at all, but nor is she out of sorts in any way. guess i shall have to look like a muppet

Bit of a late response, but hope the dog is ok and it isn't pyometra :flowers:

Roll on Bonfire night :biggrin:

God I'm dreading it :( There will be one extremely freaked out dog here and it's horrible :mecry:

im off to wales in half an hour. I might take pictures of the stinky puppie we are picking up :wink: :rolleyes:

You're getting a puppy? :unsure:

thanks Ange. The ambull had been spayed thank god, as we worked out from paperwork that was with her she had been rehomed with her son, and both had been neutered by the RSPCA. Holding the end with the teeth while a vet has her hand up a dogs flue is a bit concerning, though she was a delight throughout the examination. Vet thinks she just has a bladder infection as she seems happy enough in herself and eating and drinking well enough, so anti biotics at the ready. Owners finally got the message at 6pm so rang but were happy enough with what we had done up till then. It can be a tad stressy having 50 or so dogs to look after at times :wacko:

Good grief November already. That means I'm getting married this month. I'm really looking forward to the day but will be glad when it's over if you know what I mean. I'm having a few wedding wibbles and having funny dreams about what will go wrong on the day :wacko: