UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Positive Thoughts For Milly Merle Please

merledogs

Sending loads of Reiki to the lovely Milly. It is amazing how dogs can cope so well on 3 legs. As Marion said, Lucy the 3 leggity trailie does so well and enjoys her agility classes and swimming. I hope Milly soon recovers from the operation and is running around enjoying herself. :wub: :wub:

Milly slept on the bed with me last night. She slept okay but woke me at 4am :tired:

When I picked her up the vet nurse said she was eating and drinking fine, but she hasn't eaten or drunk anything since she's been home apart from a bit of ham at lunchtime. I am going to syringe some water into her and try and get her to eat some smoked salmon, which is her favourite. The nurse said she needed more food than usual so I'm a bit worried. I keep her lean because of the HD, but she's lost so much weight over the past week that I can feel her bones sticking out :(

Aww, poor Milly :wub: Do you think she's probably just feeling a bit out of sorts after the surgery? I would imagine it would affect her appetite and I know that when any of mine had been in for anaesthetic etc in the past, they weren't very hungry for a few days after.

Sending gentle :GroupHug: 's for Milly and hope she likes the smokes salmon

Im with Wendy on that theory. she just had a major op and probably a bit out of sync with eating and drinking now. We had a 3 legged greyhound here, Daisy who made me panic everytime she was out and about for the speeds she got up to and way she cornered and ran back. Scared the bejeeesus out of me daily but is still doing fine in her home. It just takes a little time for re-adjustment :flowers:

The boys are pretty much leaving her alone, apart from having sniffs at her ickle stump.

She's just eaten - she wouldn't touch her food but she took some ham earlier and I've just given her some turkey pieces which I fried in some butter, which she ignored at first and then snaffled down. She had a drink earlier of some water/milk mixed together.

Her gums are very pale though, is that normal? :unsure: