UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Positive Thoughts For Milly Merle Please

merledogs

Lots more good thoughts for Milly and you :GroupHug: :flowers: It is hard when they won't eat and lose weight quickly. Does your vet have anything which would give her nutrients? We had some stuff in a syringe for Spike,I'll have a look to see if we still have it and let you know the name of it. :flowers:

Glad Milly has had something to eat and drink. Billy didn't eat anything for about 3 days after his last op - including lamb stew which is his fave. Worried the life out of me Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Hope the pale gums is nothing to worry about and she is feeling better very soon wub.gif

Agree it's early days after a major op. I would ring the vets re her pale gums though. Sheena lost her back leg so probably different but we were told she wasn't to walk anywhere unaided incase she fell on the site of the wound and caused damage. She wasn't left with a stump though. The whole lot came off. Going outside was a no no apart from having to do wees etc and we had to help keep her steady incase she wobbled. She normally slept upstairs with me but I ended up sleeping downstairs on the sofa. It's one heck of a change for Millie but you will be amazed just how quickly she recovers from this. Sheena had a whole new lease of life and zoomed round everywhere. She was the happiest we had ever seen her and it was so the right thing to do for her. She was an intelligent little cookie and knew in the early days she wasn't to go play fighting with her boys and haring about. I was very positive around her and calming and I think that helped to reassure her a lot. My memory is rubbish but I'm sure it only took her about 3 weeks to make a vast improvement and that 3 weeks went really quickly. It doesn't sound as though Millie needs help moving about steadily so that's very good for a start. Telling you this incase any of it helps at all. I'm here any time if you just want someone to talk to/advice etc. I bathed her wound frequently with salt water too. That will heal up really quickly.

I checked her gums again a bit later and she had a bit more pink in them. She's also just eaten all except a couple of mouthfuls of her food :wub:

I'm amazed at how well she's getting about and she's obviously feeling better cos she hopped down to the end of the garden to tell the rottie behind us off through the fence for daring to go out in her own garden :laugh:

She's back at the vets at 5pm tomorrow for a check up.

glad shes doing well alex :flowers:

asked a friend about the pale gums she has a bullmastiff with a front leg amputated and she said the vet had said that the op resulted in a lot of blood being lost so it would take a little time for his body to catch up in replacing what was lost hopefully thats the cause rather than anything sinister