UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Positive Thoughts For Milly Merle Please

merledogs

Milly has had a lump on her paw for over six weeks. When I first took her to the vets, they stuck a needle in and blood came out, so thought it was a haematoma and said it would go down of its own accord, but could take a while, possibly three to four weeks.

It has been going down slowly, and then coming back up again when she has a bit of exercise, then going back down again. Yesterday we went out for a long walk for the first time in ages and last night her foot went up like a balloon - not just the lump she had previously, but the whole foot had swollen up to twice its size.

I took her to the vet this morning and they kept her in to lance and drain it. Another vet just rang me and said they had done an x-ray and there is something odd going on inside her paw and he thinks it's not just a haematoma. He said the blood is in pockets around the paw and as soon as he takes a bit of blood from one bit of her paw, it fills up again.

He thinks she has hemangiomasarcoma:mecry:

He has taken a fine needle aspirate and thinks he's got some of the cells which are being sent off to the lab (should have results back tues/weds). Once they are back they will know more, but it's likely that she will have to have an operation and they will have to amputate her outer toe.

Given that she has severe hip dysplasia, so uses her front paws for weight bearing a lot more than a normal dog would, I am a bit worried about this, but the vet said the outer toe doesn't bear much weight and it would only be if she had to have her paw amputated that it would obviously cause problems.

They are keeping her in overnight so they can give her pain relief and they will ring me back in the morning.

Please please can you send some healing and 'be nothing sinister' thoughts for my baby girl, she's my heart dog and the only one of my lot I've had from a puppy and I need her to be well please. I'm trying to not even think about whether it's spread to anywhere else :mecry:

2-15.jpg

Edited by merledogs

Sending masses of positive thoughts and love for little Milly. She is beautiful. Strangely enough my heart dog (Merrie my BC) had to have an outer toe amputated and she coped brilliantly. Quite a lot of racing greyhounds lose outer toes and they don't have problems so I am sure Milly would be fine if she needed to have a toe removed.

Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif and love and licks from me and my crew

Anne

Lots of healing thoughts being sent.

Loki had a foot lump a couple of years ago which she had removed. There was worry about amputation for her too but thankfully it turned out to be benign and it wasn't needed.

My Mum's greyhound had a terribly damaged foot when they adopted her and had a toe removed. It actually made things much better for her and she copes just fine

:GroupHug: