UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Jazz, when you say you've got jacket potatoes for the freezer what do you mean? Are they the frozen ready done ones you buy from the shop or do you do them yourself? :flowers:

Also ,dont know if anyone knows the answer to this but... a few days ago a lady was buying loads of cucumbers and tomatoes from a veg stall, she tells me she shoves them in the freezer so she has cheap veg all year round rather than paying silly winter prices. I've never thought of this, does anyone else do this? :flowers:

Its a bag of 10 frozen jacket potatoes that you put in the microwave for 6 1/2 minutes from frozen and they are ready. £4.19 for 10.I put everything in the freezer, cheese, ham, veg, bread,anything. I find living on my own, fresh fruit and veg is off by the time I think about eating it.

I wanna run awayyyyyyy :mecry: bed hasnt arrived - hubby is bouncing off the walls & ceiling, he rang the shop and shouted at the guy who cut him off and rang me :wacko: guy then trys to tell me he never promised it to me "within the hour" apparently he told me it would be a "minimum of an hour" - thats a blatant effing lie hubby is fuming and I dont wanna be here when the damned thing finally does arrive now...

On the subject of stress, new bed is apparently "on it's way" it was promised "within the hour" that was 49 mins ago .... we shall see.... :angry: arrrrrrrrgggggggggggg hubby is driving me mad..... mil hasn't even arrived yet and I already want her to go home :rolleyes: :wacko: I just hoovered my office - it was for once free of chippings & hay ... hubby wanders in and picks up half eaten chube and says "what you keeping this for?" then proceeds to start to tear it up whilst simultaneously scattering hay and chippings ALL OVER THE CARPET aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggg I tell ya ladies the day he retires for good is the day I get a nice new duck pond where I shall keep big scarey flesh eating eels....

Tis a shame Claz doesn't have her paddock any more. I hope the bed arrives VERY soon :flowers:

Recently i've been feeding a very nervous torti cat. I'm positive shes been owned at one time but not for a long time. Theres no lost cat reports matching her. She only comes at night when its dark for her food and i haven't seen her for a few days but this morning she was sitting on the doorstep looking very sorry for herself. She has a huge abcess on her jaw, dripping gunk and shes lost a lot of weight.The vets have supplied some antibiotics and she had one and plenty of food. I was so pleased that she knew she could come to mefor help :mecry: :biggrin:

Awww, bless you for helping her :wub:

My director got a phone call off his wife halfway through our chat - looks like their bunnies have been eaten by a fox as there's bits of rabbit all over the garden :( Sleep tight ickle furry bunnies :wub:

Hop free bunnies :mecry:

Good luck with torti puss, Rachael.

We had walk in park as usual this morning and were nearly home when brakes seized on and smoke appeared :ohmy: Said a few rood words. Walked girls home along main road, they were both very good. Going now to see if any chance of freeing up brakes. Garage can take it in on Monday, but I only have one recovery per call available from Direct Line, and garage has no room on yard for it today. Everything crossed I can get brakes unstuck and car home.

It's been an odd few days here. Satuday night we had a couple of blokes in the pub from the campsite down the road. They were a bit wierd, one especially so, but you often get 'alternative types' round here so nithing unusual.

Monday morning, one of them - Oliver - walked into the river from the campsite and wasn't seen again. His body was eventually found in the river on Wednesday. Apparently he was bipolar and had taken himself off his medication. Don't know much more than that.

The other guy, Russell, who was his aquaintance I think rather than a friend, but had brough thim here in his car, is not coping well. He's spent the last few nights here in the pub, not drinking a great deal, but just recounting over and over what has happened. Last night Russell was particularly bad and Kev had to tell him to go back to the campsite and get some sleep, rather than finish his last pint. He wasn't happy about it and wanted to be taken home, but Kev can't drive and wasn't prepared to get me to take him (I'd have been very uncomfortable being alone with him as he definitely not stable). It's only a mile down the lane and it was a moonlit night.

It's going to be difficult if he comes back tonight as although he's been through a horrible experience, I think he is the type to take advantage of those around him. Everyone in the pub was massively uncomfortable with him and he got a bit agressive, particularly with one woman. We needed to avoid a confrontation between Russell and this woman's boyfriend.

What can you do? We give support as much as possible, and we are widely considered to be very community minded publicans, but we are not a social service and there is something about this man that we think is not just about the shock of events. We'll see how it goes tonight. Unfortunately he has decided to stay down here on the campsite indefinitely.

Rest in Peace Oliver, I hope you are happier now where you are.

Well done for helping the little torti cat CRB, hopefully she will be feeling now she has some antibiotics inside her.

Abby, I think you are right to be concerned, and definitely right not to have given this man a lift if he's unstable, however sad the circumstances.

*Makes note not to get on the wrong side of Snow*

Sorry to hear your job situation is still unclear Alex :( and sleep tight bunnies :GroupHug:

Has your bed arrived yet Tracy? :unsure:

Really mad females :laugh:

:ohmy::laugh:

You're not having much luck Phebe are you? I hope things are sorted out soon :flowers:

Abby, very sad for the poor chap that died - and his friend does sound troubled too :( I can understand why you would feel concerned - do you have a local police officer/community support officer that you could contact ahead of tonight and explain the situation? Maybe they can offer advice/pop in this evening/be contactable? It's tough when he is obviously going through so much but that doesn't mean that others have to suffer :GroupHug:

Hope the cat is ok Rachael :flowers:

Well the bed has finally arrived .... the bloody headboard hasn't rolleyes.gif but at least there is now a bed for her to sleep on - allgedly the headboard will be dropped off by the bedman on his way home, since thats what he said about the flipping bed I shant be holding my breath. rolleyes.gif

I would very much like a duck pond filled with flesh eating eels... sooner rather than later ... he's put the new duvet, new feather pillows and new duvet set on the bed for his mother... those were for OUR ruddy bed!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

And he's remembered to inform me that he's OUT this evening on a visit for victim support... this means I am left entertaining mil all night!