UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Hi Paul :wavey:

Hi Sam :wavey: I've just been catching up on Dogstar, it's really going from strength to strength isn't it, I've just found Dogstar on facebook too so I've become a fan there as well. Are you commuting to SL and back? :laugh:

RMF1 The forecast says sunny periods but increasingly cloudy later, so why has it been raining since about 7.30 this morning, we are off to the Firle country fair this afternoon so it needs to stop soon!

RMF2 We collected our two new hens yesterday who have quickly settled in with just a brief punch up when they first met Kiev, need to think of a couple of names now.

newchooksref.jpg

Paul if you are keeping the cooking theme going, then name them after some curries or lemon and ginger :laugh:

Been quite busy here today, lots of dogs and cats going home and lots of paperwork to catch up on that i missed for the last few days while its been chaos.

Alex, is there a recipe for these lovely sounding salmon and oat dog biscuits? I think mine would love them :)

I use a basic recipe for all my biscuits, and then just add whatever I want.

Some suggestions are sesame seeds, grated cheese, smoked salmon bits (shoved in the blender first), oats, tuna, peanut butter, chopped chicken, chopped cooked liver, etc.

750 ml flour (wholemeal or plain)

10 ml (two teaspoons) garlic powder

125 ml vegetable (or other) oil

1 egg, beaten

250 ml milk

250ml shredded cheese, smoked salmon, etc.

Mix together flour and garlic powder.

Make a well in the mixture and stir in oil, cheese (or whatever), beaten egg and milk until well mixed in.

Knead this dough on a floured surface for a couple of minutes. If it feels too sticky, chuck in a bit more flour until it's a workable consistency.

With a rolling pin, roll dough to between ¼ and ½ inch thickness.

Cut out shapes with cookie/biscuit cutter and place on a non stick baking tray.

Bake for approx 20-30 minutes (depending on thickness) at 200C.

Cool on a rack and feed to slavering dogs.

I usually make at least double the amount as they can be frozen :flowers:

Hi Sam :wavey: I've just been catching up on Dogstar, it's really going from strength to strength isn't it, I've just found Dogstar on facebook too so I've become a fan there as well. Are you commuting to SL and back? :laugh:

it really does feel like commuting now :laugh: its our 3rd Brithday soon which is amazing as in some ways it only seems like 5 minutes ago I was sitting in the temple with a few puppies and a vague idea

love your chooks :biggrin:

Thanks for the biccy recipe :flowers:

Wispa and I have been to flyball for the very first time this morning :biggrin: It was outdoors and drizzly but we didn't care. We had a great time, and Wispa made a good start. She is okay with the ball trap, and learned to do the jumps once she had understood which way to go. Each side of the jumps there were wings made of dayglo plastic netting on fencing poles to keep beginners on course. Wispa got it wrong way round at first and started jumping over the 3 ft netting instead of the low jumps :rolleyes: but then it all clicked. Looks like I am going to be a flyball mum :laugh:

Go, Wispa :biggrin:

Lovely chickens :wub:

We've just come back from a walk round a beautiful country park that is literally ten minutes' drive away and I'd never heard of it :wacko: Dogs are shattered, humans are having a cup of tea and a bun, and this particular human is seriously considering a nap. Why does daytime sleeping make me feel so guilty.