UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Morning Nog is far brighter this morning, we caved in last night and allowed him to go "walkies" for a couple of yards out front, he went no further than he does when going out in the garden for a wee, but the whole "routine" of getting ready, having his lead on and going out the front door perked him up no end! As soon as he came back in and had a wee he went to his bowl and had a bit of tea & a drink biggrin.gif this morning he is bright eyed and waggy tailed and took his pills like a good boy wub.gif gonna have a chat with the surgeon tomorrow after his op and ask if we can continue that kind of 5 min walk post op if he wants to go and hopefully keep his spirits up.

Morning.

Tis a funny weekend here - feels like we're permanently waiting for 'phone calls and otherwise generally having mobiles stuffed in our pockets.

Big excitment. I have bought a dishwasher after about eight months without one! I think I may have been playing this one all wrong, as it wasn't until things went to pot this week, so I didn't keep on top of the washing up and we rang out of clean mugs that OH decided we needed to sort this out! I obviously should have done (not done) that sooner! Mind you, this still involved us going to the shops, making a decision, OH forgetting his discount card, going back when they were closed (doh), going back again to find the item was out of stock ....... and me doing it cheaper on line with Saturday delivery. The complications of delivery having been why I hadn't done it that way in the first place. Mind you, delivery's between 7.00 am and 7.00 pm - guess which one of us will be the one up, dressed and waiting for the delivery!

Nog. :wub:

I am trying to persuade someone on another Forum to contact DogLost about a dog who's straying on farm land near them that they can't catch. So far they're not doing as I suggest. (((sigh)))

I have so far managed to resist all enticements to join DP. :laugh:

To be clear (and seeing as I've no idea how to edit osts any more) there is no connection between "other Forum" and "DP" in my last post!

Glad Nog is feeling brighter.

WTG Finn :flowers:

CT you are very brave. I am like you, I don't like to be away from mine for long.

Will be calling vet tomorrow to make an appt for Polly. Her teeth have always been excellent until now, but nothing lasts for ever and I think she needs a complete dental under GA.

I need to get showered and dressed, I really need to go to the dog show to cheer myself up and support my local rescue, but its too easy to just sit here, in my nighty.

Right! I can do this, yes, I will go now and get showered, and go, I will not read 'just one more page'

Im going now, right now .....

Afternoon

Glad you've got Cherry back Marge :wub: Hope you've had a good holiday.

Pleased Nog is feeling brighter in himself. It's the little things that count and make a world of difference. :wub:

Hope you've gone to the show Alicia cos it does you good to get out in the fresh air and takes your mind off things.

Hope the folk do seek the advice they need to help capture the loose dog MrsB. I've never had a dishwasher.

I've been for a run and am catching up on housework again today. Weather looks gloomy out but it's really warm.

Edited by Jacobean

There were four bees in the end and they didn't buzz off so I had to catch them one at a time in a teatowel and put them outside :rolleyes:

Cherry is home! :biggrin:

:partytime:

RMF : I have been cleaning and hoovering and washing patio doors and washing/tumble drying clothes and now I have a nedache :wacko:

Am becoming distressed re the loose dog situation. Other posters are becoming cross with me 'cause they don't see the need to involve a "well meaning" organisation that will descend with loads of folks and scare the dog off.

As if. :(

Meanwhile, farmer's after it with a gun (no harm done to livestock though) - so IMO there's not exactly time to lose.

I've decided to walk away for a little while, take a deep breath, drink a large coffee ........... but then curiosity will overtake me and I'll have to go back and see.

There's now a photo posted - is it worth me sending this over to DL does anyone think? I've tried having a quick look around their site, but I'm never very good at identifying breeds and stuff - also have no idea which area of the country this.

Am becoming distressed re the loose dog situation. Other posters are becoming cross with me 'cause they don't see the need to involve a "well meaning" organisation that will descend with loads of folks and scare the dog off.

As if. :(

Meanwhile, farmer's after it with a gun (no harm done to livestock though) - so IMO there's not exactly time to lose.

I've decided to walk away for a little while, take a deep breath, drink a large coffee ........... but then curiosity will overtake me and I'll have to go back and see.

There's now a photo posted - is it worth me sending this over to DL does anyone think? I've tried having a quick look around their site, but I'm never very good at identifying breeds and stuff - also have no idea which area of the country this.

I'd send all the info I had to doglost if it were me :flowers: Has anyone informed the local dog warden?

I agree with you, if someone is after the dog with a gun, then someone needs to help the dog quickly. Good luck. I hope there's a decent dog warden in your area.

Well done Wiggle :wub: :wub: Good to see you both, Mins was as excited to see you as usual :laugh: We didn't stay too long as we wanted to stop somewhere else on the way back.

I keep forgetting I now seem to need to put a space between smilies in order for them to show as smilies. Didn't have that problem on the "old" board :unsure: