UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

Sorry, I know folks have other things on their mind, but does anyone have a decent remedy for eczema?

Have a growing patch on my hand just now - and until tonight it didn't itch. Now it does. Big time!

In desparation bought some hydrocortisone ointment today - but I'd rather use something else if I can.

I am a huge fan of acupuncture for treating eczema, it totally cured Aislings and its been the only thing to really make a difference to my allergies

I got my neem oil from the vet, but you can buy it from Mekuti too (the same one we have). I would think a health food shop should sell it though.

I've heard adding a little lavender essential oil to a base oil and putting that on the skin (external use only) can be great for eczema. Flower of Sulphur is also meant to help.

I tend to use my hemp moisturising cream initially. My skin reacts to stress, certain soaps/detergents etc. and cold weather and probably other things. I found my eczema improved when I switched to soya milk - and Reiki definitely helps.

I would EBay - but I'm feeling impatient to "start treatment".

(Obviously, I've been ignoring it for months!)

As I am pretty sure I know the "cause", I'm guessing I will only be able to treat the symptoms unless I can find a way to resolve the cause.

Mrs B my Neem oil came the very next day from Mekuti :flowers:

This may well be the way to go - I have been tasked with purchasing "as many plastic boxes as I can buy" - and realistically, the only time I can do that is lunch time today (on my way to picking up unsold cakes).

Needless to say, itching has disappeared - but I'd still rather get something more 'natural'. Which will then be added to the tea tree oil, arnica, and rescue remedy which are all essential items in my handbag these days!

Di. You really make me laugh with your tales of inconsiderate cat booking in lady (or should I say most definitely not booking in!) :laugh:

Lil Angel - the main wish in any polling station is for a healthy turnout. Otherwise it definitely becomes tedious. I once polled 100 in 15 hours - not exactly difficult to deal with "the rush"!

Thinking lots and lots of good Nog thoughts.

Lil Angel - the main wish in any polling station is for a healthy turnout. Otherwise it definitely becomes tedious. I once polled 100 in 15 hours - not exactly difficult to deal with "the rush"!

That would have been a luxury lol. Take that and divide by about 10 and your closer to my daily visitors :rolleyes:

Ah Amy I feel for you. In my last job I sometimes did Pensions Info surgeries in rural libraries and village halls. My record was nobody in 7 hours :laugh: It's amazing how many very 'odd' books they have in rural libraries :ohmy:

I have taken an extra days holibobs for a nice long weekend and have organised 3 deliveries for today - nothing's turned up so far. I can see me being confined to the house all day.

RMF I have my screwdriver on charge and intend to put together a guinea pig hutch later. I'm enthusiastic but hopeless at flatpack sudoku :rolleyes: