UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

August Rmf

Pingu

The vets just phoned to say Alex is back. I said we'd collect him in a little while. The girls were all in the room so I explained we could bring him home but poor Georgia got the wrong end of the stick and started jumping around saying "yay Alex is coming home" :mecry: She doesn't understand that it's just his ashes :mecry: We all miss him so much :mecry:

morning all

sending lots of :GroupHug: for Alex and Milly - hope your work stops messing you around soon too.

on a rest day from training and feeling a bit twitchy and out of sorts, needs my exercise.

Telephone checkup with Finn's vet this afternoon to make sure we're doing ok. He got run into by a large dog on Tuesday night and is still a bit stiff and limpy in his backleg :unsure: poor wee soul.

My aches have now transferred to mostly round my ribs, but my head is still bad and I have a temperature..I rang the swine flu line, more out of curiosity than anything, and a very pleasant girl went through all the questions then told me yes, I have swine flu and gave me a number to send someone for Tamiflu. :unsure: Having read loads about the unpleasant side effects, I think I'll stick to the paracetamol.

I missed all the action yesterday as I was having a lie down, but apparently a police paddy wagon came to next door and eight cops took away my alcoholic neighbour in handcuffs! wonder what he's done now? I feel sorry for his 12year old son, his dad is in and out the police station like a yo-yo!

If you look online on the goverment advice about swine flu Snow, it tells you how to see if you have a temperature if you don't have a thermometer.

The vets just phoned to say Alex is back. I said we'd collect him in a little while. The girls were all in the room so I explained we could bring him home but poor Georgia got the wrong end of the stick and started jumping around saying "yay Alex is coming home" :mecry: She doesn't understand that it's just his ashes :mecry: We all miss him so much :mecry:

Oh no :mecry::GroupHug:

Hope you can sort out the contract stuff too.

My aches have now transferred to mostly round my ribs, but my head is still bad and I have a temperature..I rang the swine flu line, more out of curiosity than anything, and a very pleasant girl went through all the questions then told me yes, I have swine flu

:GroupHug: Get well soon :GroupHug:

My aches have now transferred to mostly round my ribs, but my head is still bad and I have a temperature..I rang the swine flu line, more out of curiosity than anything, and a very pleasant girl went through all the questions then told me yes, I have swine flu and gave me a number to send someone for Tamiflu. :unsure: Having read loads about the unpleasant side effects, I think I'll stick to the paracetamol.

Sorry to hear you have swine flu :( I'd make the same decision about the Tamiflu too! Hope you feel much better soon :GroupHug:

And Snow, how are you feeling today? That really didn't sound pleasant (but it did sound rather swine flu like from what I've read :unsure:). I really hope you're doing much better :GroupHug:

Ooooh small world,I put out a request on Freecycle for teddies for tombola for Oldies and have had a response back from someone who adopted an Oldies dog - and I did the homecheck :laugh: I loved their house,was so deeply envious I bored folks for days afterwards,they have lots of toys apparently and will be great to see Jed as I haven't met him yet.

Wow that is a small world. At this rate I wont have to bring much with me for the show :laugh:

:GroupHug: for Alex & Cheryl and her girls

I burst into tears in the office before 9 this morning. Thankfully only one of the others was in but she said she'll help sort my issue out.

:GroupHug: Amy so sorry you're having arotten time right now

Such sad news about Max as well but very pleased that wee Piper a Border Terrier "missing" for several weeks has been reunited after his new owners responded to a poster and relinquished him,well done them,can't have been easy.

Sorry that I am living in a wibbling bubble today. Big Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif to all that need them.

Wish the vets would ring so I knew what is going on.tapfoot.gif

He must have heard me!!rolleyes.gif Scan didn't show anything. Got another course of ABs and they have taken a swab. Results back on Monday/Tuesday. No raised white cell count.

Edited by greys mum

Thanks Saf :flowers:

Alex :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Cheryl and co :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Jack says hello to the lovely Wispa and Polly, I still can't get over the changein Wispa, she is all gown up! Hope the weather clears up in West Wales soon, Simon has been/is walking the Pembs coast path since last Fri and has been a tad wet most of the time :laugh: I'm picking him up tomorrow, cannot wait! :elefant:

I got two letters from my doctors' surgery just now..one with a form to accompany the urine sample they want me to take in, the other a letter from my doctor, saying that following my recent blood test, my platelet count is even higher than it has been, and he wants to discuss further action so could I please come in to see him asap. I phoned for an appt and the receptionist says he has nothing for two weeks..paused...then said do you still want to bother? ffs, I'd already told her I got a letter from him! I remarked through gritted teeth that as HE wants to see ME yes I did want to bother, and rather begrudgingly she said that he would be releasing appts on the day next Tuesday or Wednesday. Now I don't know whether my symptoms are swine flu, or down to whatever the heck is causing the high platelet count. Arghhhh!

:GroupHug: Amy so sorry you're having arotten time right now

Such sad news about Max as well but very pleased that wee Piper a Border Terrier "missing" for several weeks has been reunited after his new owners responded to a poster and relinquished him,well done them,can't have been easy.

Thanks Lynne. Ive just picked up a message that i just wish had been sent to me last week :mecry: too late now

Good news about Piper.

I got two letters from my doctors' surgery just now..one with a form to accompany the urine sample they want me to take in, the other a letter from my doctor, saying that following my recent blood test, my platelet count is even higher than it has been, and he wants to discuss further action so could I please come in to see him asap. I phoned for an appt and the receptionist says he has nothing for two weeks..paused...then said do you still want to bother? ffs, I'd already told her I got a letter from him! I remarked through gritted teeth that as HE wants to see ME yes I did want to bother, and rather begrudgingly she said that he would be releasing appts on the day next Tuesday or Wednesday. Now I don't know whether my symptoms are swine flu, or down to whatever the heck is causing the high platelet count. Arghhhh!

sounds like our doctors :wacko: could you call and ask to speak to him and explain that you can't get an appointment? he may instruct the staff to get you seen sooner :)