UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July R M F

Wendbert

This weekend, we've had people travelling from London and Shropshire for guitar lessons, I've photographed Baloo wearing a headscarf and then just before we went to bed last night, we sold a slice of burnt toast, with half the money going to Monkey World. I wonder sometimes what it would be like to live in the real world :unsure:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Polly a cuddle from me please Cher

I still ache all over :rolleyes:

thank you, I will. I would end up keeping all the rescues but luckily hubby is not such a dog lover and I have to wait for him to agree before i can keep another dog. He thinks one dog is plenty !! :rolleyes: but Polly has settled in well and he is getting used to her.

I hope you are feeling better now. :flowers: x

I wonder sometimes what it would be like to live in the real world :unsure:

Very quiet and depressing. Not many people live there, and a lot of those that insist on living there are either really boring or those awful people who just suck all the joy out of life! (though admittedly sometimes the residents are people who have wandered a long way away in the past and trying to Reform...

Did the toast have a Jesus or other deity on it or was it just toast?

Edited by cycas

Ange, what a yukky pup to put on here. It is wearing some other dog's paws :unsure: :wub: All things considered, I think you may be living in a parallel dimension.

Wispa and I have been to Cefn Sidan beach with Mike and Stevie. Tide was in and surf was up. 2 of us rushed into the sea and did xtreme surfing with no boards. The other 2 didn't. 2 of us galloped for over an hour at full speed. The other 2 strolled among the dunes for a couple of miles and identified wild flowers.

Polly is a tad under the weather and declined walk this morning. She's eating OK, but will be 14 next month and sometimes chooses to have a rest day.

I am still smiling about Rachael getting an admirer from posing with a giant land snail. A marginata certainly gets you noticed. :laugh:

I'll stay in ReikiAnge world then :laugh:

Did the toast have a Jesus or other deity on it or was it just toast?

It was just burnt toast. I have only ever appeared (without being seen) in one of Rob's many YouTube videos - and I was filmed burning toast :rolleyes: so it became a bit of a joke amongst his music fans, so we decided to put some on the store and someone bought a slice last night :wacko: :laugh:

Afternoon

Life is becoming very surreal. Martyn gets real money for stuff he does in Second Life. People there have a whole other life. Yes I know 2nd life and all that. :laugh:

I'm slowly waking up today. Need my brekkie then can do some chores. Hayfever kicking off more today but have had my tab. It's cos I was weeding yesterday.

I'm in the achey corner after running and weeding but it's all good cos it means muscles are being made stronger again. Slowly :laugh:

Lots of housey stuff to do today.

cough cough here too - not enough to be more than a slight annoyance to me, but means I can't go near Mummy Owl until it has gone. The good news is that she has been found a place in a convalescent home so will be going there from hospital and not straight home.

Ange, your world sounds fine and just normal to me :laugh:

Kelly :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Amy, have you been to docs about that cough. You seem to have had it a while now. :GroupHug:

Phebe, you can get rid of yours too so you can visit mummyowl. Glad she has a place in a convelescant home. At least you wont have to worry about her eating :flowers:

Michelle, what does Martyn do in second life to earn money? :unsure:

Nige why are you aching? Sorry not read back.

I have the start of a cold. Had a nasty sore throat for a few days and woke up all snotty yesterday. Today the cough is arriving. Oh joy! :rolleyes:

We have been to the 'Taste of Birmingham' festival today and spent loads on nice things, including toffee vodka, for medicinal purposes of course! :laugh:

Safneo - he bought some land and has built a shopping mall and nightclub. Not sure if he rents the shops out to people or done anything with them. Think they may have been left empty. Their money is a different "currency" so in real money it's not as much but it's money all the same. He is a DJ more than anything these days and plays music in different clubs over different nights in the week. He gets paid by the owners of the nightclubs for his services. He also is a dj on an internet radio station but that's for free. He has a synth and started composing his own stuff which he used to play in his own club. Someone in Holland thought it was brilliant and bought a copy on cd in real life. What with him doing that and me doing Oldies stuff we're like ships that pass in the night.

Hope your cold doesn't come to much. :GroupHug:

Back from Wales and utterly shattered - wedding was good, reception and evening function had it's highs and it's lows, funny how it's the lows which colour the over all impression of the day.. my neice looked stunning, bridesmaids also looked fantastic, company at our table for the reception was great, mainly us, some hunky firemen (groom is a fireman) and the bridesmaids. The day was far far too long we were on the go from 6am and finally made it in to bed at 2am the following morning :wacko:

Picked Nog up from the kennels, and the owner told me he'd been very good and was a total star and a real hit with the staff - he kennels the rescue greys for GWRE and wanted to know what I did to get Nogs coat so good and so soft & silky, I said, ummm chappie & sardines in oil and lots of love :wub: lol when we went up to the block to collect him there were a couple of the GWRE volunteers there exercising 2 big greys, we were about to leave when one of them shouted for us to stop and came running over to also ask us what we did to get Nog in such fabulous condition, she said he was a real credit to us and she could see he was well loved and cared for :biggrin: she said all the vols had been lusting after him and couldn't beleive how chilled out and soft he was - so it seems Nogsy now has a fan club :laugh: :laugh:

Ganz gut Cheryl! :)

Pfffffff, I've been slaving away in the kitchen this afternoon. Not making food mind, but rather cleaning it :wacko: The gas man is coming tomorrow morning to do the annual gas check, and I decided that I daren't let him into the tip that was my kitchen, so I've given it a good scrub, including the oven - not that he'll have any business in there coz it's leccy, but it did need a scrub. Now I've still got to tidy up a lot of the stuff from camping the other week - if there's anything that I hate more than packing it's unpacking! :( And then it's Monday again, innit? 's Not fair! :angry:

I have been trying to get Timmy used to wearing a muzzle today so he can't chew fings when he's in the car :rolleyes: Tried crating him and he doesn't like it, plus he and Max travel together in the rear and there's not a lot of room in the crate for both of them, so am trying a muzzle instead. He's really not liking it but am going to persevere cos I can't afford for the little shite to keep chewing seatbelts and other bits of webbing in the car :rolleyes: