UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May R M F

Wendbert

I neeeeeeeeed drink! :all_coholic: All the girls are off school today with one illness or another. Emily has been off for a week now with a high temperature and stomach pains. I took her back to the doctors yesterday and they dipped her urine but can't find anything in it. She's to go back Thursday if she's no better. She got me up in the night because her belly hurt. Georgia got me up 3 billion times with her eczema. Daisy got sent home from school early yesterday because she had a headache, sore throat and temperature and today Molly has the same. All are as miserable as sin, arguing with each other, fighting, shouting and I want to run away :rolleyes:

scarlet fever is doing the rounds

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a mole thats gone a bit weird frozen yesterday afternoon...alll I can say is ouch!ouch!ouch! give me having them cut off anytime, even the numbing injections are less painful than freezing :mecry: My poor Dylan is going to the vet on Thursday to have a histiocytoma on his rear foot frozen off, at least he's going to have a G.A.! just hope his doesn't hurt so much afterwards as mine did.

Don't know why it's called freezing, cos it burns like hell if it's liquid nitrogen. :GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Should be at work but have stinking headache and feel pukey. Not a good way to feel if observing littlies in a nursery. Rushing out to throw up doesn't look very professional.

:GroupHug:

I neeeeeeeeed drink! All the girls are off school today with one illness or another. Emily has been off for a week now with a high temperature and stomach pains. I took her back to the doctors yesterday and they dipped her urine but can't find anything in it. She's to go back Thursday if she's no better. She got me up in the night because her belly hurt. Georgia got me up 3 billion times with her eczema. Daisy got sent home from school early yesterday because she had a headache, sore throat and temperature and today Molly has the same. All are as miserable as sin, arguing with each other, fighting, shouting and I want to run away

:GroupHug:

i'm off for the scan in a bit. Fed up of drinking water now :laugh: I shall go very slowly over the speedbumps.

Good luck Marge :flowers:

Suzeanna, fair enough :flowers: I just thought I'd mention it as I would have gone ahead with the op for Max if the vet hadn't advised otherwise, but it sounds a different situation :)

I am currently in the process of setting up a Folksy account after a couple of friends recommended it ( :flowers: ) in the hope of selling some cards. I have a headache. I don't think the two are connected :laugh:

Slapped cheek is scarlet fever

I think they look similar but scarlet fever is a bacterial infection and used to be very serious before antibiotics because it could lead to pneumonia, rheumatic fever, severe ear infections. Slapped cheek is viral and usually mild.

I wonder why "children's illnesses" are so spotty?

I think they look similar but scarlet fever is a bacterial infection and used to be very serious before antibiotics because it could lead to pneumonia, rheumatic fever, severe ear infections. Slapped cheek is viral and usually mild.

I shall inform the doctor then because he shouldnt be saying its the same.

My Grand daughter has it and she did have sore ears last week now you mention it.

I understood that scarlet fever and scarletina are different, and slapped cheek is scarletina.

I had scarlet fever in my twenties, I honestly thought I was going to die. I had a very high temperature and was hallucinating, all the skin on my hands and feet peeled off and I had this rash all over. A locum doctor who came to see me said I had the flu! she said the rash was because I was allergic to the virus, the temperature was just part of the flu, and she didn't know what the skin peeling was. My mother for once dragged herself out to come and see me, took one look and shrieked scarlet fever and promptly departed for the next bus home! :laugh: (she used to be a district nurse, but its a bit much that she knew better than the doctor.) One major downside of scarlet fever is that although I have a rareish blood group and would love to be a blood donor I can't. Apparently it has a lifelong effect on your blood.

I've never bothered with scarlet, have always gone straight to rheumatic fever. Same bug apparently. Twice as a child and once as an adult. :unsure: Hope I have enough immunity by now to clobber it if it drifts my way.

Back home, was ok, no little accidents :rolleyes: All my internal organs look fine, but may need camera to see interior of tummy etc.Could also be that H Pylori is back and needs some antibiotics. Nothing to worry about really, I have double meds temporarily so that might help too. :) Just have to get a blood test on Thursday.

Edited by houndzrus