UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

snow

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

morning am off to do a behavioural and home assessment today for a court case and im still a bit from last nights 'just one glass of wine' and its being videoed

good luck :flowers:

:sneeze: mornick :sneeze: head feels like it's full of cotton wool :sneeze: can't :sneeze: stop :sneeze: sneezing :sneeze: woe issss meeeeee :sneeze: :mecry: :mecry:

Here's a tissue Snow. Looks like you're going to need them :flowers:

im going to see lewiissssss :partytime:

:biggrin:

I've washed and dried my hair and had poached egg on a potato scone for brekkie. Still no Severn Trent person. Why does the morning go so slowly when you're waiting for someone? :unsure:

It's a lovely sunny day here and I want to go out. :angry:

Glen :wub: :wub:

I have a Sno Parrot almost perched on my shoulder :laugh: :wub:

I'm not into threatening a young child with violence - what sort of message would that send out?!

They were certainly deliberately striking out at the dog - and tbh, why they were doing it was not as important as the fact they were doing it and I didn't want my dog hurt. They're not "nasty", they may have been showing off, feeling jealous, wanting attention, god knows. My only concern was stopping MY DOG from being hurt.

It is a comon method of teaching children what not to do Reiki. My Mom used to warn me not to do things or she'd smack me, if (when, I liked to test the boundaries to see if she'd change her mind) I did it again she used to smack me. Many parents will warn with return behaviour of whatever the child is doing. The child will sometimes do the action again to test the boundaries, but don't like it being done back to them. I've seen it done for behaviours such as biting, kicking and hiting. It has usually stopped the child continuing the behaviour and their.

We were out at 7.30am to avoid the tourist hordes but met loads of local dog walkers doing the same thing :laugh: Anyway it was a nice walk.

I think one of the few advantages of living in st helens in the lack of tourism and the ability to go walkabout whenever :laugh:

All the staff are working hard today, Im faffing about trying to organise myself. Shortly i shall be going to B+Q and thats about the sum total of excitment i can manage for one day :laugh:

I think one of the few advantages of living in st helens in the lack of tourism and the ability to go walkabout whenever :laugh:

same here in Coventry :wink:

It's done and he's going in a minute. I think it's taking him longer to do the paperwork than it did to fit the meter :ohmy:

Edited by houndzrus

It is a comon method of teaching children what not to do Reiki. My Mom used to warn me not to do things or she'd smack me, if (when, I liked to test the boundaries to see if she'd change her mind) I did it again she used to smack me. Many parents will warn with return behaviour of whatever the child is doing. The child will sometimes do the action again to test the boundaries, but don't like it being done back to them. I've seen it done for behaviours such as biting, kicking and hiting. It has usually stopped the child continuing the behaviour and their.

I know it's not unusual, but surely not realistically something that you can do to someone else's small child, particularly while holding a dog - that's something that even the best trained dog is going to be confused by, surely. And the legality of threatening someone else's small child with a smack - is that something you are allowed to do even with parental permission nowadays? I wouldnt want to risk it myself.

If you tell the kid you will 'do it back' and they do it anyway to see if you will, and you don't, then surely all they learn is that they can get away with it and that consequences threatened by adults don't actually happen.

My understanding is that empathy : ie the understanding of the idea "I'm not going to do that because if someone did it to me it would hurt!" develops at different times in different individuals, and it doesn't always get applied to animals. It's most likely to develop applied to 'people that look and behave just like me' though of course it can have much wider application. It's easier for a child to understand he must not hurt Mum than for him to understand that an animal, particularly a strange animal that he doesn't know well, feels pain just like him. (I've beeen reading about aggression lately, can you tell! :laugh: )

mmmm a water meter. Who has got one? Have you saved money with it? there is just me now, so I was thinking of getting one

There's an online checker that you can put in you're usage and it will tell you if you are likely to save money. If it does prove to be more expensive than before, you can have it taken out anytime up to twelve months from fitting. :flowers:

There's an online checker that you can put in you're usage and it will tell you if you are likely to save money. If it does prove to be more expensive than before, you can have it taken out anytime up to twelve months from fitting. :flowers:

oh right, thank you xxx

awww Lissie had a senile moment and got lost in the garden, forgot her name too, so ive just had to go and rescue her. Shes in and happy again

As Victoria said, not something I'd want to say to someone else's child! Nor necessarily my own if I had any. I would have no problem shouting at a child (and indeed did without being able to help myself!) or physically removing them if I could, but threatening to do the same back to them is a step too far I feel. I'll leave that one for the parents :)