UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

snow

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a comon method of teaching children what not to do Reiki. My Mom used to warn me not to do things or she'd smack me, if (when, I liked to test the boundaries to see if she'd change her mind) I did it again she used to smack me. Many parents will warn with return behaviour of whatever the child is doing. The child will sometimes do the action again to test the boundaries, but don't like it being done back to them. I've seen it done for behaviours such as biting, kicking and hiting. It has usually stopped the child continuing the behaviour and their.

Or it teaches the child that violence is an acceptable method of communication, one that's used by their closest and (should therefore be) their most trusted people. It might be something that many parents do (usually because they themselves are out of control or want to retaliate), but it's not something that should be encouraged, in my opinion. Learning that violence is an acceptable form of retaliation is not good learning.

My friend Jenny passed away yesterday after a fight against Cancer, she was only 48

I'm so sorry Laura :( My thoughts are with Jenny's family and friends :GroupHug:

Thinking of you and your stepmum Michelle :GroupHug:

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying Murtle :flowers: I think I'd still rather a parent approached it from a "how would you feel if someone did that to you?" way rather than "if you do that again I'll do it to you" but then I have childhood memories that I'd rather not pass on.

Sam, yes the parents were there and Rob has spoken to one of them and they don't think what happened was right, it's more that I'm not ready to put the dog in the same situation again yet. If it was my child I'd have taken them home when they misbehaved, but not my child.

I was very cheered late last night when I went to get something out of the car to find the nice recovery man had removed the whole silencer and put in inside car. Car is therefore driveable for short distances, though extremely noisy and you have to leave the sunroof open for safety in case of fumes. So we did trundle down to the park and the shop. Useful Pete will be looking at it tomorrow.

Laura, very sorry to hear about Jenny :GroupHug:

Michelle, thinking of your stepmum :GroupHug:

I am very tired, and very relieved that Wispa got her usual lengthy session of racing and wrestling so I can have a relaxing day.

Or it teaches the child that violence is an acceptable method of communication, one that's used by their closest and (should therefore be) their most trusted people. It might be something that many parents do (usually because they themselves are out of control or want to retaliate), but it's not something that should be encouraged, in my opinion. Learning that violence is an acceptable form of retaliation is not good learning.

I would say it depends on how the whole situation is handled but each to their own opinion :flowers:

I'm so sorry Laura :( My thoughts are with Jenny's family and friends :GroupHug:

Thinking of you and your stepmum Michelle :GroupHug:

Sorry if I misunderstood what you were saying Murtle :flowers: I think I'd still rather a parent approached it from a "how would you feel if someone did that to you?" way rather than "if you do that again I'll do it to you" but then I have childhood memories that I'd rather not pass on.

Sam, yes the parents were there and Rob has spoken to one of them and they don't think what happened was right, it's more that I'm not ready to put the dog in the same situation again yet. If it was my child I'd have taken them home when they misbehaved, but not my child.

I quite agree Reiki, but I have seen situations where reasoning hasn't worked.

I will now stop discussing parenthood :biggrin:

I will now stop discussing parenthood :biggrin:

I think I should too :) I did have moments of less-than-nice-thoughts, believe me! Appreciate everyone's suggestions/sympathy though :flowers:

Sno has had yet another shower after rolling in yet another pile of fox pooh, really do need to sort out that outside shower thingy soon! That and get him a new collar which doesn't have to go through the washing machine every time he rolls :rolleyes:

All my smilies have moved around, it's most confusing and makes me realise how sad I am for knowing where they usually are :laugh:

Took the dogs out for a nice walk with our friends this morning. I must say that Kenza has been great lately, bless her :wub: Part of me wants to trust her more, while the other part is worried about any negative happenings putting her right back.

Then I took the kids to various friends (mums taxi service) and somehow aquired 2 new rats that were in the process of being 'disposed of' :angry: (they were last of a litter that hadn't found homes at 5 months cos they are 'rat' coloured :rolleyes: So two new nippy scared girls have moved in. Cue the afternoon rearranging the dining room and scrubbing the old cage that was in the shed. Hopefully they will settle down and can be introduced to my other girls and move into the big house. They are called Tinker and Taylor at the mo, but Sian may well rename them :laugh:

This is rodent city L-R Tara and Co-co's house, Tinker and Taylors, they can have the Penthouse Suite attached when they're settled, and lastly Spiny's John and Terry's tank. Shirl, Dot and Trevor Meece live upstairs.

101_0485.jpg

So sorry for your news Laura :GroupHug:

Edited by chasta