UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

snow

at what point/age do you decide a young child may have learned not to want to try to hit/kick your dog and give them another chance :unsure: It's difficult :mecry:

When they have done a week's voluntary work at a rescue centre including cleaning out the kennels and caring for very sick animals with compassion.

OR

When they are old enough to understand that the dog may not retaliate but you certainly will beat the living daylights out of them.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could PM Melf (Rumpole) and Amanda at EDDR (I can't remember her username, I think it's KODA now :unsure: ).

Good idea. Thanks :flowers:

I have spent the last three hours jetwashing the drive and cleaning Henry Honda. Henry has been washed, waxed and polished inside and out and is now looking like a luffly car again rather than a dogwagon :rolleyes:

I am bluddy knackered so am going to chill in the garden with my book for an hour.

It wont stay like that for long! :laugh:

My Munchkins are about to go home :mecry:

I will then don my gardening gloves and go weed the garden :biggrin:

:GroupHug: Fresh air and sunshine will cheer you up.

I just had to tell Flora off because she grabbed Bran's stick and was rarrrring at him to try and make him play with her :blink:

:GroupHug:

ive got this ruddy massive headache again. ive had a sleep, and am now on the painkillers. Happy easter to me..... humbug!

I have been to see a man about a dog. He wasnt in. :rolleyes:

Fascinating! Write those details on the back of the photo or they'll be forgotten again - fortunately my late uncle did that for me, or i'd have been well stuck with my family history!!

I had a family member who very helpfully wrote on the back of some photos circa 1930's "me", "me and my friend" "me and dad" "me and my baby sister" and other really useful things of that ilk :rolleyes:

I've been doing some more genealogy research over the last few days and finally brought together a branch that was previously a brick wall :biggrin: I also discovered on t'internet someone else related to me thro this same branch. However she has this lot going back generations and reckons we are a direct line to Ethelred the Unready and even further back to ancient Kings of England and Scotland :unsure: I take these tales with a pinch of salt. It is generally very difficult to get back further than the late 1500's unless you have ancestors of note. She claims tho that this particular branch of the family are related to the Curwens, a notable and well documented Cumbrian family. Well if she is right does that mean I have a claim on the British throne :unsure: :laugh: Perhaps I'd better have HRH added to the Yantan :laugh: :D

Hello :wavey:

We have had a steady day so far, but playing pubs is a silly game that makes me head spinningly tired at times :rolleyes:

We had 2 hours with no power this afternoon, think a trasnformer exploded or something cos there was a big mountain fire up the valley. Enforced no cooking, though worrying me about the fridges and freezers :rolleyes:

beautifully sunny here

Phoebe just phoned to say she had broken down so I was just heading off to get her and the transport doggy and I hadnt time to even get to the door before the recovery had turned up. How cools that for service.

He is now taking dog and Pheobe to South Wales rescue before bring Pheebs home :)

I have booked the dogs into kennels for Weds/Thurs night as another practise so am going to take Paul away for the night somewhere for a change of scenery. Havent decided where to go yet though? :rolleyes:

Lovely, have fun :flowers:

I am not happy with people having "sunshine" and "sitting outside". Grump.

We haven't had sun either :unsure:

ive got this ruddy massive headache again. ive had a sleep, and am now on the painkillers. Happy easter to me..... humbug!

We have had a steady day so far, but playing pubs is a silly game that makes me head spinningly tired at times :rolleyes:

:wub: Bran

:wub: Louie

Hope the little AM finds a new home soon :GroupHug:

We have finished now, so everything is ready for the camping season. We can leave everything in the trailer and just hitch up when needed. (After we get a towbar fitted next week!). Managed to get bagged-up rubbish and the dogs in the car and we were surprised that there were not many people at the tip. We found them all at Ryton pools where we went for a walk after. :rolleyes: The roast dinner was cooking well when we got home and we have all had a nice dinner and finished off the strawberry cheesecake. :biggrin:

Went for a walk down the local park. They have a small steam train enthusiasts bit on the middle but its rarely open to the public. It was today meaning loads of people and high pitched whistles. Louie was absolutely petrified and legged in even with me calling him I had to run after him and put him on the lead. He still dragged us off to another field before the panic subsided and he calmed down.

If that wasnt bad enough just before that we were walking past the kids play area and Louie had turned to wait for us. This little boy came behind him and went to pat him he spooked Louie who spun around with his tail tucked under him. He so could have easily nipped the child out of fright and then we could have been in real trouble. The parents seemed blissfully unaware that their child shouldnt go up to a strange dog especially from behind even if they do look cute.

Phoebe just phoned to say she had broken down so I was just heading off to get her and the transport doggy and I hadnt time to even get to the door before the recovery had turned up. How cools that for service.

He is now taking dog and Pheobe to South Wales rescue before bring Pheebs home :)

What a lovely rescue man. :) I hope Pheobe gets home soon and doesnt have major car repairs. :GroupHug:

We have finished now, so everything is ready for the camping season. We can leave everything in the trailer and just hitch up when needed. (After we get a towbar fitted next week!). Managed to get bagged-up rubbish and the dogs in the car and we were surprised that there were not many people at the tip. We found them all at Ryton pools where we went for a walk after. :rolleyes: The roast dinner was cooking well when we got home and we have all had a nice dinner and finished off the strawberry cheesecake. :biggrin:

I still need to come and find Ryton Pools. :rolleyes: Glad you had a good day.

:GroupHug: sorry to hear that Louie didnt have a good walk today. Easter always seems to be extremely busy in dog walking places. :rolleyes:

OH has made veggie curry. Its smells yummy!

I have mowed and cleared and pruned all sodding afternoon. As soon as i had finished i headed up to the kennels to do evening feeds etc and by the time i was back, Boggy had dug his first hole of the season. Why the bloody hell does a 13 year old greyhound decide to start digging holes so late in life. my garden is a bloody ankle breaking trap ready to happen.

He is now taking dog and Pheobe to South Wales rescue before bring Pheebs home

What a very nice man :biggrin: Hope the Owlmobile can be sorted easily though :flowers:

Poor Louie :( :GroupHug: It's so busy everywhere at the moment and so many people who seem to have no idea how to interact with dogs properly at all :(

We've had the lovely weather here today too, so Sophie and Tom have had a massive water fight in the garden :rolleyes: , my Mum has been playing all sorts of racing games with them while I sat and watched :biggrin: , me and Soph made easter biscuits but they have now all gone :wink: , Flora has been rolling in the grass and trying to encourage Bran to wrestle :wacko: , Bran is a happy boy because whilst fetching water fight equipment from the shed, I found an old football for him to play with :wub: and Bran and I have just got back from a walk with Cooper and his mum. All in all, life is good at the House of Chook for five minutes :biggrin:

I have mowed and cleared and pruned all sodding afternoon. As soon as i had finished i headed up to the kennels to do evening feeds etc and by the time i was back, Boggy had dug his first hole of the season. Why the bloody hell does a 13 year old greyhound decide to start digging holes so late in life. my garden is a bloody ankle breaking trap ready to happen.

Ooops :laugh:

I do hope that Sir H doesn't get any ideas. He's only 11 now but maybe he's saving himself for such excitement in his later years :laugh:

I've spoken to my mum. She's been asking my uncle who used to work for BA if Sirius can go up to the cockpit and meet the captain when they fly to Barbados :unsure: She also asked whether the chaps at immigration are likely to stamp his passport :biggrin:

When they have done a week's voluntary work at a rescue centre including cleaning out the kennels and caring for very sick animals with compassion.

OR

When they are old enough to understand that the dog may not retaliate but you certainly will beat the living daylights out of them.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

what a lovely man :bigdrive3:

Ooops :laugh:

I do hope that Sir H doesn't get any ideas. He's only 11 now but maybe he's saving himself for such excitement in his later years :laugh:

I've spoken to my mum. She's been asking my uncle who used to work for BA if Sirius can go up to the cockpit and meet the captain when they fly to Barbados :unsure: She also asked whether the chaps at immigration are likely to stamp his passport :biggrin:

I wanted to ask at immigration, but I was too scared in Singapore and Thailand - they were a little too official...didn't have his passport on me in Borneo, but they seemed more friendly :( I hope she does...

We've been to visit our friends and their little baby, who is teeny and very sweet :wub: M-M came and was very good, she was interested in the little crying machine, especially when I was holding him, but she was very well behaved :wub:

Sno has a hole in the garden that he digs in, I'm not sure where he's trying to get to but I'm hoping he'll find some treasure in there one day.