UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

April Rmf

snow

:laugh:

One of my sisters has a friend who owns a lot of horses. At the pub one night I asked her just how many she had. She looked round to see where her husband was and whispered "15 but he doesn't know. He thinks it's 10. I just keep them moving them to different fields and never let him see them all gathered together".

:laugh: :laugh:

RMF: Hometime soon. I'm liking the light evenings :biggrin:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We tried Epaderm in the bath a while ago but it didn't help, the only thing that has stopped her flare ups is simply to not bath her.

She's having Betnovate on her really sore bits and a liberal covering of grease three times a day. And I've just looked to see what her tub of grease is called and it is Epaderm :laugh: See, I knew the name was familiar :laugh: Betnovate is harsh but it's the only cream that is known to clear her skin up, we've tried loads.

Try using the Epaderm instead of soap, especially for washing her hands with.

:laugh:

One of my sisters has a friend who owns a lot of horses. At the pub one night I asked her just how many she had. She looked round to see where her husband was and whispered "15 but he doesn't know. He thinks it's 10. I just keep them moving them to different fields and never let him see them all gathered together".

I homechecked a lady near here who was the same - she said her husband had no idea how many horses she had as she kept rotating them and bought them all the same coloured coats!!! :D

I am likng this but its just in the wrong place

house at Star

It too far away from my family :mecry:

I was going to say sod the family, but you probably value yours! Oh my word what a wonderful property. It looks like a dream. I found my "ideal property" not far from here for about £1.5m and it really was beautiful, with acres of land, right next to fields too, but that one is fantastically priced.

Sarah, that's fab news :flowers:

:laugh: at Wendbert's mum

Abby, sometimes the colour changing is ok :unsure: I know some Labradors start off with very pink noses but as they get older, they go darker and end up being brown :wink:

I know of some who have gone the other way, they've started off with black noses and the nose has gone pink. I think that can be a seasonable thing.

I'm sure I remember someone who introduced more cats and had some that were the same colour/markings and just made sure they weren't ever in the same room together, so her husband just thought they were the same cat :laugh: Devious us women :cool:

I'm sure I remember someone who introduced more cats and had some that were the same colour/markings and just made sure they weren't ever in the same room together, so her husband just thought they were the same cat :laugh: Devious us women :cool:

Wonder if my OH would notice another Spin if I got one the same size and colour...... :rolleyes:

I'm still hiding :ph34r_anim:

now thats an excellent idea

I think we all need to take a leaf out of your book :ninja:

:unsure:

does anyone know where i can get green dogs from as my suite is green. :laugh:

My hubby never knew how many horses I had as he only ever came up the yard to repair things and he can't tell one horse from another. He told someone once that I had two brown ones and a white one. I actually had a bay gelding,two chesnut mares,a dun gelding,a grey pony and a chesnut pony. :laugh: :laugh: x

Evening :)

Nowt to report except that feckwits are still feckwits but I am not going to appeal cos I just can't be arsed but am writing a letter to say how ridiculous the whole thing has been to the director of our service.As the basis of their case was breach of confidentiality because I saw her personal number I feel the fact that they post my payslip through Royal Mail to my home with my personal number printed on the front makes their case slightly stupid but there we go :rolleyes: Perhaps my postman has signed some sort of agreement with them as have the entire Royal Mail delivery office,I'm not sure but who knows? :wacko: Tw@ts.

I'm off sick so who gives a sh*t :wink:

Yes, another one she had on prescription but I can't remember the name of it. Plain water is very very drying on her, it makes her legs red and itchy. When she does have her weekly bath she has a tiny amount of a bubble bath bar from Lush just to colour the water and make her smell nice :wub: She seems fine with that and it's that regime that has kept her skin under control for a long time now. It's been steadily getting worse for a few weeks now and I really do think it's because she's washing her hands more.

Have you read this? http://www.gp-training.net/protocol/dermatology/eczema.htm

My eldest had eczema almost as soon as I weaned him (I suspect cows' milk was a trigger, among other things) - through trial and error I eventually started to use emulsifying ointment on his skin and in his bath - and nothing else. I bought in a huge container from the pharmacist, and dispensed it into small jars (mixing it with hot boiled water first - it whisks up into a nice white light cream) which were easier to handle. It isn't really greasy once it's mixed with water. I didn't use scented or coloured products at all - it's a nuisance, but it's worth it to keep your child pain-free.

I only used a corticosteroid (such as Betnovate) very rarely - having seen the damage it did long-term to a friend's son. :(

My son's condition was aggravated by certain things - for example; cold windy weather, honey, wool. I tried to eliminate those as much as possible (the weather was a hard one in Scotland... :laugh: ) but without making an issue of it. He had grown out of it by the time he was at primary school, apart from the occasional minor flare-up.

I hate to say it, but while Georgia's hands are sore, I wouldn't be letting her handle the chickens either - just in case. :flowers:

I'm allergic to wool and also to feathers, ie down in duvets, pillows etc. I once slept on a feather pillow without realising, when staying at Rob's friend's house and my eyes were puffed up and my head thudding when I woke up. I also find newspaper can irritate my skin and eyes and getting fruit juice on my hands/around my mouth can trigger my eczema.