UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Please Send Positive Thoughts For Max

merledogs

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vet has just rung. Not much new really. They haven't done the abdominal scan yet and are taking some more blood to send off to an external lab so a pathologist can examine the cells under a microscope (they won't get the results until tomorrow).

They need to find out whether he is still producing red blood cells but they are being killed off or whether he has stopped producing them. The vet said that there are so many possibilities that it is just a slow process of elimination and until he knows for certain he can't discuss treatment or prognosis, which could range from something fairly simple to leukaemia. So it could be something treatable or there could be nothing they could do for him :mecry:

He is going to be in until at least tomorrow but I can go and see him this evening.

The not knowing is the hardest bit. I just want my boy home :(

Oh Alex, what a huge worry for you, the good thing is that Max seems to be feeling well which is great. I do hope they can find out exactly what is happening very quickly and its something that is simple to rectify. Healing thoughts still coming Max's way.