UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Please Please Send Positive Thoughts For Max

merledogs

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aran the vet just rang. The lab results have come back on Max's bone marrow and there is no sign of anything nasty :pinkie: The bone marrow is normal, healthy and is 'hyperplasic', which means that it is working very hard to replace the cells which were destroyed :partytime:

Christmas miracles do happen :mecry: :wub: :pinkie:

OMG!!!!!! I've only just caught up with this!!! I am SOOOOOOO glad to read your FANBLOODYTASTIC news!!!!

:partytime: :circle: :partytime:

That is just the best Xmas present that anyone could ever get, and I am so happy that you n Max got it!!!

Lots of love to the wee man! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I've just blubbed read through this thread from start to finish and I can't believe how lucky I am that Max has come through this. Not only that, but that Timmy's lump turned out to be just a cyst. I am so overwhelmed with everybody's support, PMs, positive thoughts, Reiki, offers of help, etc :liebe94:

It is amazing isn't it? So did they say what it was in the end? Presumably "just" an infection?

I have to say though I think there is only so much luck can do Alex. I think a massive amount of credit has to go to you for ploughing on determinedly where others might have admitted defeat. And for showering Max with love and happiness to give him to strength and will to fight as well :flowers:

Thank you :liebe94:

We never did find out what it was, possibly a virus or possibly something toxic which he had ingested.

I have stopped getting 'dog' meat delivered just in case there is the possibility it was something he picked up from the meat (have had problems with meat being delivered which was not only unfresh but positively green in some cases). I've returned the rotten stuff but there's always the possibility of cross contamination.

I was cooking them an all natural diet but the vet did mention the slight possibility there might have been something which was lacking in his diet, even though I was quite careful. I doubt it was this but I have put them all back onto Autarky so that I know they are getting balanced nutrition. I do make home-cooked stuff still, but they get it mixed in with their Autarky and I make it with the 'human' meat from the supermarket instead.

Edited by merledogs

I've only just seen your latest update, Alex :blush:

What fantastic news to have received so close to Christmas :mecry: :wub:

Maybe it was a special gift not only from Santa, but from all our Bridge babies who weren't ready to share their turkey and sossidges with anyone else :wink: :wub: :wub:

So very very happy for you and Max :mecry: :partytime: