R M F - November 2008

Jacobean

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Kazz

:GroupHug: :GroupHug: Andrea

Well, I think that I have had the bestest strangest posting experience here this week :D I started and posted on a thread in the Christmas forum and the thread is there without my post on it :wacko: :unsure: It only said "I have bought three packs of Christmas cards :santa:" Nothing offensive that needed to be removed :unsure: unless it did offend the Bah Humbug people :unsure:

Look - http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=43392 :wacko: :unsure:

Thank you but I dont need hugs. :flowers: Having a bad time at work which will work itself out one way or the other and very upset for Kazz and Dave at losing Mandymoo which kind of puts my snivels into perspective. :( Nearly the weekend and then another new week.

Snow. terrible news about your hubbys uncle. I hope the hospital can work some magic for him. :GroupHug:

Julia, I cant see your post in the thread either. :unsure:

Neo is still hiding under my desk with his eyes nearly popping out of his head everytime he hears a noise. :( At least he isnt charging around like he used to trying to attack everything/eat everyone in his path, usually Saffy :rolleyes: Just means I cant move from this desk until the blooming fireworks have quit as he follows me then becomes a jibbering wreck. :(

thanks for the advice Laura, unfortunatley the schools attitude is that "thats the way these pupils are".

That's not acceptable and it's not legal under the Health and Safety Act. The Health and Safety Act gives responsibilities to both employer and employee.

Two of your responsibilities under the Act are :

to take reasonable care not to put other people - fellow employees and members of the public - at risk by what you do or don't do in the course of your work

to report any injuries, strains or illnesses you suffer as a result of doing your job (your employer may need to change the way you work)

This means that you have a legal duty to 1) report your injury and 2) a legal duty to safeguard the other people who work there.

I'm not meaning to lecture you just trying to ensure that there is no comeback on you if 1)you have to have time off work or 2) if someone else gets injured as a result of behaviour by the child concerned.

If the school won't deal with this properly then the matter needs to be referred to the HSE and to the local authority in charge of the school.

While poor Miya is still quaking with the fireworks, Chloe deals with the noises in her own special way :rolleyes: :laugh:

DSC_0007-4.jpg

:rolleyes: :laugh:

very lady-like :huh:

If you've got it, flaunt it :laugh: :laugh:

That's not acceptable and it's not legal under the Health and Safety Act. The Health and Safety Act gives responsibilities to both employer and employee.

Two of your responsibilities under the Act are :

to take reasonable care not to put other people - fellow employees and members of the public - at risk by what you do or don't do in the course of your work

to report any injuries, strains or illnesses you suffer as a result of doing your job (your employer may need to change the way you work)

This means that you have a legal duty to 1) report your injury and 2) a legal duty to safeguard the other people who work there.

I'm not meaning to lecture you just trying to ensure that there is no comeback on you if 1)you have to have time off work or 2) if someone else gets injured as a result of behaviour by the child concerned.

If the school won't deal with this properly then the matter needs to be referred to the HSE and to the local authority in charge of the school.

I agree with your comments, unfortunately the school are happy with the current arrangement. I am teaching there via an agency, because of funding the school does this because its the cheapest option, I do this because its the only way I can find work and I have 2 children to support. The physical state of the building is appauling - even worse when you think of the vuneralibilty of the pupil who attend the school. There seems to be the world where there are proper expectations and what actually happens. A very sad situation.

:rolleyes: :laugh:

If you've got it, flaunt it :laugh: :laugh:

Boiler man is coming tomorrow , I think I have coped very well with no hot water for 2 days ( all that practice in Sri Lanka ) but I am looking forward to a nice bath evening if he can fix it . If not it will be back to boiling the kettle and making do :laugh:

3 years ago I would have fallen apart with no hot water, now I consider myself very lucky to have a safe water supply and the temperatures just a bonus

its funny and a bit scary sometimes when I look back and see how much I have changed , I think I was actually a very shallow squirrel in my yoof and its taken me a long time to get to where I am now

Guinness, Sky & I have had a girls night out :wacko:

We've been up and down the M1, round the outskirts of Northampton and down country lanes waiting for it to stop sounding like a warzone.

Sky was great in the car cos it's noisy and I had a CD on loud, but back in the house she went to bits again - I'm not sure this wonderdrug has made a scrap of a difference. I have another 2 days worth so time will tell.

Not kept up very well tonight as we've been firework dodging but:

AnneLazyDaisy, please get that incident reported. It's the law to keep accident and incident reports, not what the school or the agency feel like doing.

Kazz & Andrea - sending :GroupHug: s whether you want them or not :D