UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - November 2008

Jacobean

Sarah I think you need to retrace your steps and take child back to Tescos. I'm sure his/her mother would appreciate it. :D

:D I was very tempted to leave my own son there after having to endure him singing his full Queen and Bob Marley repertoire at full volume all the way round :wacko: I gained an extra child on Monday evening; he was sent from the friends who had been housing Jacob :wink:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a really shite month with Mandy. :( She isn't right at all. Her cancer lump on her side has spread under her armpits. :mecry: Jason, the vet I trust saw her 2 weeks ago and said it was a matter of weeks. Mandy moo also has mammary gland tomours.

:( :mecry:

What can I do?? I want to make it all go away. :mecry:

For the past 2 weeks Mandy has been pacing every hour at night and even in the day time. I can not go through this again. :mecry:

Sorry ignore me please, no hugs. Loobie is coming down tomorrow. :mecry:

Afternoon :)

:GroupHug: Kazz,you know you can talk here because everyone understands how you're feeling :flowers: We'd all give anything to make our animals well again when they are poorly,especially the doddery ones :wub:

ever wondered whether you are invisible :rolleyes:

I was most impressed by your answer Kelly and shall be spouting it forth to the many knackered zombie-like parents of non-sleeping children :biggrin:

ever wondered whether you are invisible :rolleyes:

After that, you won't be any more :laugh: :flowers:

RMF: Me and the boys have had a lovely but misty walk on the Downs. Sir H pottered about while Wiggle did all the running. I took photo's but it started raining but will at least get one or two for Wiggle's blog :biggrin:

Michelle, I am glad your cake arrived safely :wink: I hope it tastes ok still :unsure: :laugh:

Claire- Zlykene is actually alpha-casozepine, it's a peptide found in milk. It binds to the GABA-A receptor and research has shown that it can be superior to diazepam in some animals. Peptides are kind of message signals to the brain and alpha-casozepine means basically calm down and relax. This peptide is the reason that warm milk can be used to calm children etc and make them more likely to sleep. alpha-casozepine can also be found in supplements for humans although I'm not sure if they are available in the uk.

Zylkene is not a drug, it is a food supplement. Works on the same principal as taking horlicks at bedtime.

Like most things it doesn't work for all dogs.

http://www.buyzylkene.co.uk/

Thanks both , I am wondering if its suitable for the Dogstar dogs as I don't like to use too many chemicals in a short period of time

I will add it on my list of things to look at :flowers:

Claire- Zlykene is actually alpha-casozepine, it's a peptide found in milk. It binds to the GABA-A receptor and research has shown that it can be superior to diazepam in some animals. Peptides are kind of message signals to the brain and alpha-casozepine means basically calm down and relax. This peptide is the reason that warm milk can be used to calm children etc and make them more likely to sleep. alpha-casozepine can also be found in supplements for humans although I'm not sure if they are available in the uk.

Thank you, non-invisible person (and everyone else :laugh:) I knew what it was made of but not why it worked.

I cancelled my Saturday morning vets appointment and went at 3pm this afternoon instead. I've come home with the DAP spray (liberally applied to a bandana) and the only stocl of Zylkene they had - for minature dogs and cats :rolleyes: So I've just had to give Sky the contents of FIVE capsules! If she's too stressy we'll be crusing between Junction 15 and 16 for a couple of hours tonight.

I'll report back later.

Jules, I was having board problems, too.

Kazz - :GroupHug: for you and Mandy

Lots of good thoughts for Mandy :wub: (and Kazz) :flowers:

Hope the fireworks don't last too long tonight for all the frightened pets :GroupHug:

Did you enjoy your cake Michelle? :unsure:

:GroupHug: Ranirottie.

It's still very quiet here :unsure: Perhaps it's too early yet for bonfire parties.

Edited by houndzrus

Oh so the missing post thing is just happening to me then. :rolleyes:

Fireworks have started here. I just had Scoobs out for an hour shuffling through leaves. This is my favourite time of year for walks. Mind you I did come home with a lovely load of leaves attached to my trainer, with yes you guessed, a load of squashed dog poop.

Hope everyone's doglets get through tonight ok. It's horrible when they're afraid. Thankfully so far the 3 lads here are fine.

I'm not sure how long home made cake is supposed to last for but I don't think it will be a worry for long. I haven't touched it yet. I will be having it after my tea.

Kazz - I shan't hug you then but certainly won't ignore you. Come on here and talk as much as you need too. Will be thinking of Mandy.

Edited by Jacobean