UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

R M F - November 2008

Jacobean

I will not use ACP on dogs or horses as it is unpredictable. Sometimes it works too well and zombifies them and sometimes it hardly works at all and it is very hard to tell which way it is going to go.

I have just got back from the hospital with relatively good news. The new drops worked as in they brought my pressure down but I am allergic to them. I have had blurred vision,headaches,dry mouth and felt tetchy since i have been taking them so now they are trying some different ones ! Apparantly I am over sensitive to Beta Blockers (this is the 3rd lot that I have reacted to!). So now I can relax until the next appointment (6 weeks) when they will see if these new ones will work, and if they dont they will try one more combination before another op is definate. I am definately going to go blind in both eyes, but the left one will go first as its tenuous already. Thats why I want to hang onto it for as long as i can. The op may buy me more time or it may take away the little sight I have. Its a hard decision that up till now has been mine and i find it hard to make. Thank you very much for your good thoughts,they are much appreciated x

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our Maccy Dees is, sadly, a few hundred yards in the opposite direction from the big display. I'm either going to drive up and down the M1 for a bit, or head out to the middle of nowhere.

I'm afraid I won't touch ACP, the brain keeps working but the body can't function, which can be even more terrifying. I'd want to be convinced the Zylkene works in calming before I'd use ACP, although I'm glad it works for you.

I need it tonight, Sam :(

Claire- Zlykene is actually alpha-casozepine, it's a peptide found in milk. It binds to the GABA-A receptor and research has shown that it can be superior to diazepam in some animals. Peptides are kind of message signals to the brain and alpha-casozepine means basically calm down and relax. This peptide is the reason that warm milk can be used to calm children etc and make them more likely to sleep. alpha-casozepine can also be found in supplements for humans although I'm not sure if they are available in the uk.

ACP can be awful stuff. The dog can remain very aware of what is going on but can't do anything about it physically (if that makes sense)

It reminds me of the stories you hear of people not going under anaesthetic properly but not being able to tell the surgeon.

Pleased your appointment went well Cher. Hope you can keep hold of the sight in that eye for as long as possible. :GroupHug:

:GroupHug: Penny

I can't always see posts in this thread Khanu if that's what you're referring to. Maybe it's the same for others. I quite often can't see posts that others are quoting. I go back to check and nope they're not there. It's very odd. I've mentioned it a few times.

I have cake. :thumbsup_anim: Not just any old cake neither. Home-made from a wonderful person. :wub: Thank you Wendy!!!

Claire- Zlykene is actually alpha-casozepine, it's a peptide found in milk. It binds to the GABA-A receptor and research has shown that it can be superior to diazepam in some animals. Peptides are kind of message signals to the brain and alpha-casozepine means basically calm down and relax. This peptide is the reason that warm milk can be used to calm children etc and make them more likely to sleep. alpha-casozepine can also be found in supplements for humans although I'm not sure if they are available in the uk.

That sounds really useful. Bit late now, but I think I might attempt to get hold of some for Flora for the Christmas/New Year festivities :flowers:

I have cake. :thumbsup_anim: Not just any old cake neither. Home-made from a wonderful person. :wub: Thank you Wendy!!!

So jealous that you got some of Nigella's latest cakey goodness :D

:GroupHug: Cher - hoping this new medication works but what an awful decision to have to make :(

I'm sure that ACP must have been the foundation of whatever drug it was that Bailey was given when his separation anxiety was first hitting a peak. He was like a zombie :mecry: Whereas normally he was absolutely fine when we were home and just stressed when we went out, on these drugs he became incredibly unhappy all of the time and would just lie whimpering and crying to himself :mecry:

I am very tired and very hungry. I have just done a mammoth Tesco shop with all 3 kids but am now too knackered to be bothered to get anything to eat :wacko:

my line manager is not such a rotten cow after all - has agreed to let me work from home in afternoons for rest of the week coz although Finn has been coping well (for him, read not destroying the house) with the fireworks, he's understandably jumpy after the weekend and the little bastards are setting them off from 4pm this week :mad:

in some ways I'm looking forwards to Finn going deaf in his old age :rolleyes: