UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Rmf

elainew

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Hello sorry I didnt know where else to put this!! I got up this morning looking foward to a nice peaceful morning pottering around on my own. Viv and Chris have gone car booting. :biggrin: Instead I woke up with a headache and a very sore eye!! When you wake up like that you just know things are going to get worse :angry: .Anyway everyone was getting ready to go out and I had disided to go back to bed when Viv shouted 'theres no hot water!!'.Oh doG! I pulled myself out of bed to see what had happend . well the plug to the hot water tank had part melted.when I pulled it out it left one of the metal things in the socket!! :unsure: I was on the phone to the council and they told me if it hadnt tripped the main switch it was safe :angry: . Now I dont know much about this sort of thing but surely metal hanging out of the socet is not good. :wacko:I found the switch for the waterheater on the board and turned that off. So I then phone an electrian who said no it doesnt sound good but if they came out they would charge me £50-£70 per hour :unsure: so I phoned the council again and they said they would log my call. does this mean they will come out today or what? I just wanna go back to bed!!!! Very fed up now and just wanted to moan sorry!

Poor Cocoa disgraced imself at Bowood yesterday. Ang very kindly waited with a couple of people who were interested in him in torrential rain yesterday for my return from being backup vehicle to the carriage drivers on their trip around the roads - and he had 3 goes at their young lab - he does not like dogs who keep fussing him and he was hot and bovvered and had been on the lead all day! Normally he's fine on walks with other dogs. :(

Nothing to do with the Oldies Club, but I had a letter from the school today telling me that Alice, my elder daughter, has been made Deputy Head Girl for next year, so I'm doing my proud mum bit :biggrin:

Gawd knows where she gets it from, I hated school and was most definitely NOT a prefect/head girl type :rolleyes:

Nothing to do with the Oldies Club, but I had a letter from the school today telling me that Alice, my elder daughter, has been made Deputy Head Girl for next year, so I'm doing my proud mum bit :biggrin:

Gawd knows where she gets it from, I hated school and was most definitely NOT a prefect/head girl type :rolleyes:

Congratulations to Alice & her proud mum.

RMF: Don't know about your school days but I'm sure you've matured with age - From what contact I've had with you over the last 6 months or so I reckon you'd be a very good Head Girl today. :flowers:

Edited by Ian

Congratulations to Alice & her proud mum.

RMF: Don't know about your school days but I'm sure you've matured with age - From what contact I've had with you over the last 6 months or so I reckon you'd be a very good Head Girl today. :flowers:

I think you're right Ian. I can definitely see Fee as Head Girl material! :laugh:

Well done to Alice - you must be delighted for her, Fee. :flowers:

Edited by JoT