UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Rmf

elainew

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're right Ian. I can definitely see Fee as Head Girl material! :laugh:

Hmm - are you trying to tell me I'm bossy, Jo? :D

Head Girl types in my day had to have muscular thighs and a burning desire to play hockey for the county. I'm sad to say that my ambitions at that age were more along the lines of never having to wear shoes and living in a commune in Glastonbury :rolleyes:

Wish me luck, I'm off to cat check Cocoa! He's had interest!

Good luck, Elaine :flowers: Cocoa - you be a good boy and nice to puddy tats :)

I have just had a phone call went 'Hello, Lady someoneorother (can't remember exact name) passed me your phone number, I understand you rehome dogs, however, I don't want an old one! I'm 80, lost my husband 3 months ago, I want a small dog - Norfolk or westie perhaps, must be housetrained, good with children and other dogs and I understand you'll have it while I'm away' :wacko:

Can you tell her that all our dogs say THEY don't want an old one...?

Honestly someone who is 80 and doesn't want an old dog, what planet are they living on! I met a guy a while ago who was walking a miniature poodle puppy: he must have been at least 80, to look at him, had problems walking, and he told me sadly that 'he thought they had made a mistake' getting a puppy at their age. I should say so!

It's bizarre isn't it. I spoke to a number of older people (late 60s upwards), or friends/relatives of older people at the show last weekend who thought the OC was great because they specifically didn't want a puppy/feel it would be suitable. The thought that they could take on an older dog really appealed for various reasons :)

Selina, they used to have springers! :biggrin: She did realise she'd not cope with a springer. She's quite happy with middle aged, she does realise she's not suitable for a puppy - it was the fact that I'd look after it when she was a way which really threw me! :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

I have my first foster at the moment - a wee Patterdale cross.The sight of me with a third dog has evoked lots of interest and so few people round here know about foster homes.One of the people I was talking to has a lovely 9 year old bitser who has a super temperament so of course I just had to tell her about Oldies needing fosters :biggrin: ,she's very interested so just hope she makes the contact.

I'm so fed up :angry:

There's a stream at the bottom of the fields which has a lovely shallow place where the dogs can get in for a paddle and splash around. Musky in particular loves a chance to get in the water and cool down on hot days.

Went there this morning, and there's loads of broken glass in the water. I presume it's kids having 'fun' smashing bottles on the rocks. It's lucky the water is very clear and I spotted it before letting the dogs go in, but I guess we won't be able to use that spot any more for paddling :mecry:

It's sad that they probably have no one to teach them any better. If reported would the Council or environment agency (?) do anything to clean it up & then post notices etc?

Our Dogs apparently has an Oldies item this month & also next. Would it perhaps be a possible opportunity to get a mention for the Oldies club in there?

Edited by Ian

The news about Tommy (the GSD at AARU) finding his perfect home has made my week.

The fact that the email containing the great news arrived on Monday morning when I was feeling very depressed to be back at work made it doubly fantastic. Must admit that a few tears of joy were swiftly wiped from my eyes. :rolleyes:

Tommy's Rehoming Story

:elefant: