UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Rmf

elainew

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad that they probably have no one to teach them any better. If reported would the Council or environment agency (?) do anything to clean it up & then post notices etc?

Our Dogs apparently has an Oldies item this month & also next. Would it perhaps be a possible opportunity to get a mention for the Oldies club in there?

Ian - it would be fabulous to try to get something about the Oldies Club in Our Dogs if it's not too late.

Are you by any chance volunteering to contact them and ask :whistle:

Looks like Ruby found a new home. I am happy for Ruby, but I am sooooooo sad. We all rather would keep her :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

Ian - it would be fabulous to try to get something about the Oldies Club in Our Dogs if it's not too late.

Are you by any chance volunteering to contact them and ask :whistle:

:GroupHug: :GroupHug:

:laughingsmiley: I guess that'll teach me to open my big mouth! Seriously though I hadn't wanted to step on anyones toes & obviously I cant promise anything but if you're happy for me to go ahead & ask them then I don't mind doing that. will let you know what they say.

:laughingsmiley: I guess that'll teach me to open my big mouth! Seriously though I hadn't wanted to step on anyones toes & obviously I cant promise anything but if you're happy for me to go ahead & ask them then I don't mind doing that. will let you know what they say.

Yep, that'll teach you. Well volunteered that man... :biggrin:

Looks like Ruby found a new home. I am happy for Ruby, but I am sooooooo sad. We all rather would keep her :mecry:

:GroupHug: Let me make this easy 'Step away from the foster dog, you haven't reached your quota of 1 out of 30 yet' :) Did this help? :GroupHug:

Aw Ursula :GroupHug: Where's she going?

She is going to live with the very nice lady who also adopted our Wizeer :biggrin: :biggrin:

Cindy

Thank you Ian, you're a star :flowers:

Today's Mail has an advice column by Bel Mooney, in which she answers a woman who is debating whether to get another dog - her family would love it but she's enjoying the break from responsibility since her own elderly dogs went to the bridge and is concerned that she will be the primary carer again while everyone else just does the 'fun' bits :rolleyes:

I've just emailed Bel Mooney suggesting that fostering might be worth considering, and pointed her towards the Oldies website. She has a little Maltese named Bonnie, who looks gorgeous, so you never know ..... :biggrin:

Thank you Ian, you're a star :flowers:

No problem. It should actually have read Your Dog (apparently Britians best selling dog magazine they say) rather than our Dogs. They were giving vets answers to questions eg whether diet could help dementia was one over a few pages in Augusts edition & will be doing the same in September edition so we'll see what they say. Will email a copy of what I sent in case they should decide to contact anyone.

I've just had a lovely reply from Bel Mooney's email address. I'd have been much more pleased with it, and confident that she'd read what I said about Oldies and fostering if she hadn't thanked me for the lovely poem I sent. I didn't send her a poem :rolleyes: :laugh:

Dear foster Cocoa is on his way to his new home at the weekend, we've had so much fun with him but we have been good and are letting him go to be a spoilt only dog (where there won't be nasty long eared girls sleeping in HIS bed). :)

Edited by elainew

I've just had the most enormous toad I've ever seen hopping round my kitchen. It gave Meg the fright of her life, I think she thought it was a new toy until it hopped, and she nearly jumped out of her skin :rolleyes:

Luckily I managed to rescue it and put it back outside before any of the others saw it. I don't think Taz or Sophie would be very toad-friendly :ohmy:

Dear foster Cocoa is on his way to his new home at the weekend, we've had so much fun with him but we have been good and are letting him go to be a spoilt only dog (where there won't be nasty long eared girls sleeping in HIS bed). :)

I've just been reading on DP how excited Cocoa's new family are, they've already bought boatloads of toys and stuff for him. Well done Elaine for all you've done for him :flowers: :flowers: