UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Oldies Rmf

elainew

Musky is moulting. I've just spent the last 45 minutes grooming him and have a large carrier bag full of hair - and that's only half of him, he's totally flaked after a run in the fields and I can't persuade him to turn over so I can do the other side :rolleyes:

Shame there isn't something you can do with dog hair :unsure:

You can spin dog hair and make wool out of it. I tried to get into it, but cannot find somebody to teach me how to do it.

I met a lady with a Samoyed in a park a few weeks ago and she spins the hair of her dog.

So you can give it a go.

So far I give the hair of my dogs to the birds for nests.

Mishka is blowing her coat as well, weeks now. She looks really scruffy. And Kioko started now as well. Dog hair everywhere :wacko:

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can spin dog hair and make wool out of it. I tried to get into it, but cannot find somebody to teach me how to do it.

I met a lady with a Samoyed in a park a few weeks ago and she spins the hair of her dog.

So you can give it a go.

So far I give the hair of my dogs to the birds for nests.

I think that lady was on Countryfile yesterday(!) unless there are two women in the UK spinning Samoyed hair. She also used collie hair. I'm allergic to wool but apparently not to dog hair so perhaps it would be an option for me (buying finished products not learning how to make them!).

I don't have any proper oldies now to have RMFs about :mecry: (the other dogs are too "young" to be thought of as oldies even though they all qualify as them now really).

However, in case anyone has missed it, the Valentine's Day comp kicked off last week (on Valentine's Day strangely enough) and there are some fab prizes and a great chance for you to tell us why you love your oldie :wub: and help raise funds.

Also there will be a number of small auctions soon for some very beautiful luxury collar and lead sets :biggrin:

:laugh: you know her too well!

Yes, she has had quite a lot of treats... It's so hard to tell if she is

a) genuinely in horrible agony

b) had a bit of a twinge

c) pretending to have had a slight twinge in the hope of sympathy and biscuits

I have this horrible fear that one day she really will really break a leg or something and I won't notice because she's cried wolf so many times.

She sounds uncannily similar to my Molly. I'll never forget the time Molly hurt her shoulder, she was screaming with agony, and apparently couldn't get up or move at all. I was on my own with no car, so panicked and persuaded the vet to make an emergency home visit (which they weren't very keen to do). The minute the vet walked in the door Molly leapt up and charged out into the garden at full speed. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...
I have done something terrible. I have decided Alice (now Grace) is going to stay with me.

Bad foster mummy.

Ali

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Yey, brilliant news, join the foster-keeper club. We now need lots of Alice pictures.

Ummm, have you told Cindy yet :ohmy: :D

Ive been turned down for fostering. :mecry: But Ive just fallen in love with another oldie, whats the pro's and con's of a second dog?

:unsure: It is not so much that you have been turned down but that we had some issues with your fencing....As I said before, if we can work on that, issues are solved :flowers: If you have any questions, give me a shout.

Cindy

Ive been turned down for fostering. :mecry: But Ive just fallen in love with another oldie, whats the pro's and con's of a second dog?

If you have failed for fostering due to your fence then I doubt you would be able to adopt a second dog either :unsure:

Fostering is very rewarding, it gives you such a warm glow to know you have helped to keep a dog out of kennels (or worse fate :mecry: ) and when they find their forever home its both sad but happy at the same time, we have nearly become foster keepers on more that one occasion! but we have to tell ourselves that another dog is just around the corner that needs a comfy sofa so we have to let go.

I hope you manage to sort of your fencing issue, believe me it will be well worth it :flowers:

Debs x