UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November wrap up!

Jazz

Aw, pleased you got a doggy fix Yantan. Must be torture at times having to wait till you move.

Hope you got your ringback from the doctor Jazz.

Not done much today. Usual dog walks and food shopping. Had a mooch into town this afternoon and bought a few bits and pieces. Cold, but it is November so can't expect much else lol, at least it's dry.

• Like 1

Off to Penrith soon as we need to go shopping for a few things I forgot to order on the home delivery yesterday and then it's onto Lowther Castle for the Christmas Market.

Jazz the lady next door has taken a Yorkie in from a friend of hers who is very ill in hospital. I feel so sorry for the little thing - although she's not so little. Her owner was a breeder and bred all sorts of dogs and cats for profit. This little poppet is very nervous and jumpy. I've told my neighbour to get her a coat as she needs some protection from the cold when out in the garden or on their infrequent walks. She says she's knitting one but we'll see. If I had a coat or fleece that fit her I would have passed it over but nothing I have is small enough. 

Hello Fugees. Hope you're all well 👍

I am looking for ideas for a holiday cottage to take the mutts next June.  I want somewhere no more than 2ish hours drive from Manchester. Obvs must be dog friendly (properly dog friendly, not one of those places that has a list of caveats) and must have an enclosed garden and be no more than a 15 minute drive to the beach.  I'm looking at Anglesey but would appreciate other suggestions as well. I thought about going back to Little Dumpledale but it's too much of a drive unfortunately. 

Alex, sorry I am clueless about holidays but lovely to see you again

I have Dakota's histology results, 1 lump benign the other a grade one sarcoma so bad news but good news, they took good margins so hopefully she will be o.k, if it regrows it will be problematic because of the position and amount of skin they will have to remove but my ikkle black demon lives to fight another day!

• Thanks 1

I'm still having fun with Lil 🙄

I've just had to spend £300 on a new Dyson cos The She Devil chewed the cable on my old one and it blew up when I plugged it I 👿

Her house training is coming on very slowly.  She had her first clean night last night 😊 which I was chuffed about until I let her upstairs when I was in the shower and she sh*t on my bedroom floor, which I then stood in with bare feet 🤬🥴😄

She had her spay a few weeks ago thankfully, so at least that's out of the way.

Hi Alex, nice to see you back. We stayed at a place on Anglesey the new year before last. We said at the time the terraced cottage would have maybe been OK in the summer but we found it too cold for a winter stay, even though it was very dog friendly and the owner was lovely and helpful. The floors downstairs were tiled right through which would be grand for dogs in summer coming in with sand on them from the beaches. It didn't have a garden but a closed in patio area which overlooked fields but the row of about 4 or 5 cottages were on the outskirts of a village and overlooked a housing estate on the front. The next door house on one side was a holiday home and there were permanent residents at the other side. There were other holiday homes in this area though that might be more suitable. Our nearest beach wasn't 10 mins drive with another bigger (better for a walk along and had dunes at the back) was maybe 15 mins. We certainly enjoyed the beaches as cold as it was. I'll look the cottage and the area up if it peaks your interest.

Jazz Toff is rather a large Yorkie, one of the biggest I've seen. I was wondering if she had been mixed with something else but she is still a small dog. 

Oh Lil you little bugger :wub: Alex she will come out of this norty puppy stage and probably be brilliant. I know Archie did

Griff, Kota will be fine if they got clear margins....glad the other lump was benign!

Alex, how long would it take you to get over to Northumberland? The beaches there are fabulous, perfect for dogs and it's rare to find one where dogs are restricted. 

I hope Lil is faster to house train than our late cavalier Rosie..she was over a year old before she stopped peeing on the floor and even then, if it was raining she would sneak off somewhere inside rather than go out and get wet. 

Ewwww, standing barefoot in dog poop is up there with one of the most awful things ( like standing on a slug barefoot...ewww)

Kota was a pain to house train, it was December, freezing cold and wet as anything! She doesn't like the rain and I would be stood out there 20 minutes in the piddling down rain and nothing...back in the house and she would whizz on the carpet lol. She eventually got there but it was 3 months at least, by far the worst dog I have ever had to house train

hope they are ok xx

my yorkies are different sizes. when the new one comes, ill have 3 sizes here

rescue wants all ive bought

my friends mum is very ill and moving, so ive been asked if I know anyone that wants a free washing machine and  a cheap new gas cooker. im having the gas cooker. had mine about 15 years. never liked it but had to buy one quick when we had the fire