UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November wrap up!

Jazz

morning all xx

conservatory is emptied. got to get some stuff from the spare freezer to the main one, then that lots ready for the new freezer today or tomorrow. I was going out but its started to rain, so wait in for my echo dot, look at the box for a few weeks till someone comes and sets it up

have a safe dry day xxxx

Morning. Managed to stay up late again and sleep until nearly 7. 

Went to the reserve yesterday and had a short  and very muddy walk with Wispa, had to turn back as more rain came and everything slippery. Even though the reserve is very well landscaped and drained, things are getting out of hand and everywhere is awash.  Dry spell forecast from tomorrow for at least a week so we might get a chance for some of it to drain.

We are dry here at the moment, made dinner for my dad and Steve yesterday, ended up hanging around the bus station like a weirdo waiting for his bus to come in, he makes me laugh, whenever you cook him a meal, he will eat it that day no matter what time he gets back from work...he got home around 8.50pm, took Molly may out for her walk, came home and then ate mashed potatoes, swede and carrot mash, cabbage and meatloaf....he always says he won't come in and eat a big meal but I guess it's because he would have to cook it bless him

• Haha 2

took my little scooter to my friends to see if she wanted to buy it. she does so rode it home, lewis will take it round another day. it ran out of charge, so had to push itall the way home, including the steep hills. hurt my hip and shoulder. lungs were bad too. that's me stopped for days

Hello all. We are back from London, got in a couple of hours ago. The diet went to hell! Back on the wagon tomorrow now until Christmas.

White Christmas at The Dominion was lovely. Good cast including Brenda Edwards who was on The X factor years ago when it first started. She was a stand-out in White Christmas - what a voice! It snowed on the audience at the end much to all everyone's surprise. Very cleverly done. You could see the cast were getting a buzz watching our reaction to the "snow".

The weather was against us unfortunately so we canned the planned trip to Winter Wonderland and went to the V&A instead, which we very much enjoyed. Went to the Ivy last night for dinner. First class food and impeccable service. We are very glad to be home now though. As we get older actually spending time in a big city like London is less appealing than it was when we were younger. Give me the country every time!

I see reading back that Alex's Lilly is giving her a lot of trouble and bother. I wish I could think of a way to get her safely through this norty - and expensive - puppy stage.

Jazz seems to have been very busy!

Owl is getting into a better bedtime routine which suits her more.

Griff is on her way to becoming a chef.

Eve's off to Eastbourne I see. I hope your sister isn't hiding anything awful on the health front from you Eve.

Suzeanna seems to have behaved herself - unless she's just not letting on about something???

Who have I missed? It was not intentional but being an old bird my mind can only remember so much :(

Ooooh I didn't know that about Brenda Jazz. 

I never thought to look for celebs at The Ivy. Mind you I never know most of those who pass for celebrities these days! One of the cast of White Christmas was on Strictly 2 or 3 years back apparently but I never watch that so it meant nowt to me but I thought of you as I know you like it. Danny Mac I think he was called.

We might, I stress MIGHT, be getting another dog. We've been following the appeal for a suitable new owner for him as his dad is dying from cancer. There are certain specifications that potential fosterers/adopters have to meet and although many had stepped forward none are currently pet free. We could stand it no longer knowing it's his dad's dying wish to find him a good home so we have offered. Obviously the rescue isn't just gonna hand him over to people they don't know a fig about so there's stuff to go through first and there might be another offer or two that came through at the same time as ours. So as I say it's all just a "MIGHT" right now. If it's meant to be, it will be.

• Like 2

Sorry Yantan, meant to say I'm glad you had a good time, even if the weather didn't co operate!  I must confess I don't like London...never have.  When we lived in Sussex we were an easy train ride but apart from visiting hospitals, I never bothered.  Too many people for my liking, I'm a country mouse through and through.