UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

November wrap up!

Jazz

just tried to send dog food to the new dogs rescue in Ireland, not easy. had to ring them in the end, but its ordered

im on the phone to the doctors. in 12  minutes, moved up 2 people. im 14th. ooo 13

gave up. ill try tomorrow

nurse told me I have to go on a diet to get my sugars down. not much to cut out or reduce

Edited by Jazz

Happy anniversary, Eve.

Nice day, good walk on the reserve, got some useful bits and pieces done, and took the van to a car wash to remove the mud of 4 English counties and 4 Welsh ones from its underside. It has to go to garage to have a couple of things checked tomorrow and needed to be decent.

Hope you enjoy yourself once you get up the energy to go  Eve!

Trouble with diets Jazz, is they aren't one size fits all.  Something that would be right for me, might mess up your cholesterol and vice versa!  Have you tried the 5 2? You eat normally for five days but keep down to 500 calories on the other two, a lot of people say it's very good.

You'll find the car will go faster now Owl, without all the mud dragging it back!

I wish I knew what the heck is wrong with my legs.  They did seem to be improving but I took Candy out this morning and could hardly manage to get home, everything seemed to be cramping up. 

You could be right about the car, Suzeanna. Great slabs of mud clinging to its underside won't have been very aerodynamic. My main concern was that the mechanic might be in the inspection pit and have a load of mud fall on his face.

Hope your legs improve tomorrow.

I walked down to the cottage hospital this morning to get a chest x-ray that the GP who sent me off to A&E wanted as a follow up. I went through the park as it's the shortest route so got to see a lot of dogs, some of whom came up to me to be petted, probably in the hopes of getting a treat. It made me miss Archie but it was lovely to get a dog fix.

We are going to Lowther Castle estate tomorrow as they have a Christmas fair on over the weekend.

Jazz if you cut sugary things out of your diet as much as possible your glucose levels will drop. I don't take sugar, or sweeteners, in tea or coffee and I don't add sugar to cereal. I check labels for sugar content, you might be surprised at how much sugar some products contain, I don't drink fizzy pop but make my own favourite tipple of  lime squash (no added sugar but it still has some sugar in it) in fizzy water. I have stopped eating cakes and biscuits, apart from the very occasional treat, I mostly have sugar free natural yoghurt for breakfast with fresh fruit cut up in it - I hated it to start off with but the less you eat sugary foods the less you crave them and your taste adapts. I am now only slightly above the diabetic threshold and am aiming to get below it.  

Oh and don't eat more than 5 or 6 grapes as they are very high in natural sugar. Fruit juice has a lot of sugar in it too. I avoid it. Bread has a lot of sugar in too so I only have it once a week. Getting started is the hardest part but once you get into a routine it does honestly get easier and checking labels and knowing what you can and cannot have makes life easier too. 

• Like 2