UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July Already!

Jazz

I don't know how you cope Jazz, the odd accident ok, but time after time? Maybe the treats you give them are a treat for them, but no so much for you? I remember Jazz our GSD had a very sensitive tum, anything out of the ordinary (in other words, not Chappie) resulted in a very upset stomach.

Owl, I remember years ago when I was about 38 I had terrible shoulder pain and couldn't lift my arm even level with the shoulder.  The brilliant GP I had at the time said she thought it was my neck, and sent me for an xray which showed some bones in my neck were crumbling, the body was trying to make new bone but not in the right place and it was pressing on the nerves to my shoulder and arm. Have you actually had any xrays on your neck and spine generally?

Got my CT scan at 3.10.  Not looking forward to it, it's too hot to be stuck in a hospital department.

Edited by suzeanna

Ouch Owl! Whiplash is nasty

My dogs don't get any treats really for exactly that reason....I can't be doing with upset tummies, they have sweet potato, boiled egg, live goats milk yoghurt and occasionally a little veg

Good luck with the scan Suzeanna...I am at the drs at 10.15 today, going to take a slow walk up

• Like 1

Morning all.

I wish I still had poop and pee to clean up :mecry:

Very dark overcast sky this morning. I think we will be in for a shower or two.

For years the whiplash I suffered was blamed for the pain I used to feel in my neck. Then I went for a CT or MRI scan (I forget which one) that proved the pain was coming from trapped nerves in my shoulder and the neck pain was referred pain from that.  I'd spent years going to physio doing exercises for my neck and undergoing traction that it turned out I didn't need.

Old age sucks!  Your body is less able to cope with any imbalance and it causes problems.

I get sore muscles in my legs but have realised the problem is not my legs but it is caused by my lower back.

My dogs get limited treats. They get the small  bone biscuits from PAH - one  at a time  and a PAH Bonio  biscuit when left at home.

The occasional Rodeo or a medium Jumbone .

I never feed pigs or cows ears, they are two  fatty and high on calories. A few years ago  some from China  were found to be contaminated with nasty stuff. 

My dogs   are raw fed and get a large bone from the butcher once a week.

Just had Cleo's insurance renewal in, They now want £500 for the year. Last year was £377.

Up to now I have been quids in as she had a nearly £3000 bill for a cruciate repair 7 years ago so I have only just paid them  back in annual premiums. She has not had any other claims but I kept it going as there is 60% chance of the other cruciate ligament  failing. So far, so good, 

I  am not going to renew.   I can put the £500 towards any future bills rather than los it to them.

Back to rain today  so housework instead of gardening. The  cold , wet weather we have had has delayed  everything in the garden and it is unusually bereft of colour. The roses are just starting to flower when they should be getting their second flush of flowers now,

• Like 1

they have treats, but not many. these are when I do an order every few months. they are normally smaller so ok. shame you cant put a note for size I want. oh well. hope they sell as the dogs arnt happy they are on the side

I didn't think jerry would get into trouble so stopped her insurance at 12yrs. she then snapped her cruciate and got a huge mass on her side 2 weeks later. for 4 of these its about £80 a month

they are sold

my friend has 4 dogs reserved

her 3 will be here in the morning, about 8.30 for 2-4 weeks

brian is neutered Friday, going to his new home Friday or saturday

good job im ill, haven't got time to work lol

Been raining here all day so did a little bit of housework. Ordered the Shark hoover so I'll be a domestic goddess when it arrives next week - or it can cuddle up to the Henry in the cupboard more like 😂

Hope everyone is ok on this wet and windy evening and you're having better weather than me. At least no watering needed tonight 😃

Edited by eve

Sunshine here Eve! 

My mum contacted the police this evening..we have an appointment on Sunday morning to go and talk to someone...I am sure next door will be unimpressed but I don't care... you can't go round labelling innocent people as peados and threatening women

• Like 1