UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

You and your blueberry jam Jazz :laughingsmiley:

We've booked a B&B near York for 3 nights next month so we can visit the city and be handy for the North Yorkshire Moors.  Last time we were in York we had George and Archie in tow and we kept getting stopped so people could make a fuss of them.  I must say there weren't many other dogs in evidence in York town centre :laugh:  They are very much in evidence here but it has been voted The Most Dog Friendly Town in the country on more than one occasion. There are dishes of water out at the front of many businesses and dogs are welcome inside too. 

• Like 1

Let me know if you fancy meeting up. I have been meaning to spend a day there for ages. I haven't been since the late 80s so have not seen the Viking village or anything. I could come by bus and train, much better from my point of view, and my dogsitter could pop in and see to Wispa.

Ooooo owl is that the jorvic centre? It's brilliant there, I can still remember the stink and my mum going round in the car and bing with a bottle of perfume shoved under her nose heaving lol

I am sure you will have a lovely time, my nan paid for us all to stay in a right posh hotel up there, had a lovely time and it's very rich in history

thought id better get some as we was in asda. we normally go to tescos that hasn't got it

had to strip the bed this morning as katie had thrown up on it. got back from seeing david, someone weed up katies bed, so that went in the wash. just got my tea, kevin threw up on both sofas and my cushion, so that's in the wash *sigh*

1 hour ago, owl said:

Let me know if you fancy meeting up. I have been meaning to spend a day there for ages. I haven't been since the late 80s so have not seen the Viking village or anything. I could come by bus and train, much better from my point of view, and my dogsitter could pop in and see to Wispa.

I've only just seen this Owl. I have booked us for fast track entry into the Jorvik centre at 12.20 on the 25th June. And got a discount as we are now seniors :rolleyes:  We are going to Betty's for a late lunch or afternoon tea. I want to see in the Minister because it was closed for renovations last time I had planned to go in. If you can fit in with all, or some of this, it would be great to see you again. We are spending the following day seeing touring the North Yorks Moors and then it's home on the Thursday.

We're off to France next Sunday. Will spend a few weeks there clearing out the house of everything the buyer doesn't want - most of it, really. A local charity will get the rest, so won't go to waste, lots of really nice furniture in very good condition.

Sorry haven't been posting much. I tend to settle down in the evening meaning to catch up with everyone and contribute my inane ramblings - then I promptly fall asleep lol. Never get peace to write much during the day. I do read everyone's news though xx

Thanks Yantan. I can book advance senior rail ticket for that day at less than cost of fuel and parking. Bus to Doncaster then 25 mins on train.

Hope your trip to France goes well, Eve.

Griff, I think I will survive the realistic smells. It is usually chemical smells that get to me.

Safe journey to France, Eve.

We have our first dry morning for over a week. The sun is shining again.

Griff, sorry how it has turned out you   thought you were doing right.  Unfortunately,  if someone has access rights the way cannot be blocked.

Enjoy York, Yantan and Owl. We went to the Viking Centre just after it opened. I expect it has changed since then.

Jazz, if it bile she is bringing up it could be because her stomach is empty. One of mine was sick at lunchtime every day.  The vet said it was caused by acid due to an empty stomach. I only fed once a day so I gave her a slice of bread or toast in the morning and that sorted it. Now, my dogs still expect a bit of bread at breakfast time, despite having a breakfast now, because  new dogs overlapped old dogs so the custom continued.