UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

I got hugo a year ago today. it been hard going, close to giving him up a few times, but we have come through it. glad we did

my eyes are so sore so loads of drops. having trouble reading this so illmake the font bigger

Not hayfever is it Jazz? They are saying people who never had it are suddenly developing it.  Ask someone to get you some antihistamine eye drops if you don't have them already.

I emailed Philip to tell him the bird seed is coming today and got this back just now..

Found a note outside signed by all our visitors, both feathered and furry, saying “ We are most disappointed with this feeding station.  The availability of good quality nosh has declined over the last few days, to the point that we have visited and even the little tubes that hold our seed aren’t even there.  Please improve the service immediately”

Lucky me, found a man who's as mad as I am!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've just had a call from the vets to say Archie's ashes are ready for collection so I will go and collect them shortly. I asked for just a cardboard box so we can get our own container. I'm not impressed with George's casket and the name plate has become very tarnished and nothing cleans it so he's getting a new one. Does anyone have any recommendations for suppliers of caskets/container

George's came direct from the crem too but I didn't know at the time that the vets had changed the crem they used. The ones we got for all the cats are ace and I was just expecting the same. Anyway Archie is home :wub:  Suzeanna his ashes are in a scatter tube too and I must say it looks rather nice. The picture is trees with sun dappled through them. 

• Like 1

when we used boxes. we just saw a box we liked and got that. now, I keep their collars. ive got mothers ashes, she can come in with me

ive emptied the cupboard in the hall for tomorrow. ive put katies bed back down, she wont get out of it

1 hour ago, Yantan said:

George's came direct from the crem too but I didn't know at the time that the vets had changed the crem they used. The ones we got for all the cats are ace and I was just expecting the same. Anyway Archie is home :wub:  Suzeanna his ashes are in a scatter tube too and I must say it looks rather nice. The picture is trees with sun dappled through them. 

The tubes are nice aren't they? When we got Dyl's back, I sat gazing at it for ages and could just visualise him running through the trees and rolling in the fallen leaves, he loved that.  

I've asked Philip if he can work from home tomorrow so I can have the car.  I walked Candy at about 10.45 and it was really hot...I was getting a headache by the time we got back and it wasn't a long walk. It's meant to be hotter tomorrow, and the thought of catching two buses each way then hiking through the hospital to the Macmillan centre isn't exactly enticing.  Someone once asked a bus driver why the heating was on when it was a hot day and he said they can't turn it off, if the engine is on so is the heating.  

Hooray, he's working from home! That'll guarantee rain!

Bird food arrived, so I filled up the feeders and hung them on the feeding station, walked down the garden to hang one onto the cherry tree and found Arthur and Martha (obviously a couple) standing about three feet away from me hoovering up the seed that got spilled.  I got to arms length before they flew and even then they didn't fly away, just moved back a bit. I bet I could tempt them to feed from my hand with a bit of patience.

• Like 1

Why do meter readers come unprepared to access meters up a height so they cannot take a reading? I refuse to let them use my steps or a chair because if they fell we'd be bloomin' libel. In any case our dining room chairs are fabric covered and the steps are right in the back of the cupboard which would mean me having to move a load of stuff, not least some of the boxes from the attic now sitting in front of aforementioned cupboard.

Time to change our energy provider again methinks. The meter readers from Atlantic always had a ladder.

Suzeanna I was looking at Archie's tube imagining him running amongst the trees. It's a very good idea. 

Suzeanna, pleased you don't have to get the bus, the bus company here used to leave the heating on the old buses to stop them overheating, they refuse to have the air con on as it costs money and the latest thing is turning off the lights during daylight hours, it's quite dark and an accident waiting to happen