UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

Overcast and a bit cooler here. This evening we are going to the reserve not only for walk but to meet a member of the Doglost team from down south. She and her dogs are at a camp for sprockers and their people in a field next to the reserve.  I have only met her online, never face to face.

I went to the nearest services on the M1 to hand over a box of K9 goodies to a transporter who was on his way to a rescue in Yorks. In the car park there was this silver haired guy who got a skateboard out of his car and started whizzing about in the car park, in and out of cars.  Probably the male equivalent of the wearing purple with a red hat brigade. 

• Haha 3

Been drizzling and raining here most of the day. At least the actual rain stayed off till after the dog walks.

Should have been doing housework since I can't carry on with the gardening but luckily my son popped over for a visit and saved me from myself lol. Plenty more wet days due no doubt when I can catch up on cleaning.

• Like 1

We had brilliant sunshine here today, one of my old neighbours popped down to see me today and said his dad bought their house in 65 and parked on the driveway all the time as everyone else has done since

Edited by griff
  • Like 1

Just returned from the sprocker camp aka Splashfest and had a good evening including a quiz and an auction for rescue funds. Very nice meeting my colleague from Somerset face to face. It was tricky moving about in the marquee as there was a constantly moving and wriggling carpet of assorted spaniels. I kept finding heads shoved into my hands and was happy to provide ear massage etc. 

Very loud chorus of frogs from the pool in the camping field.

• Like 1

Owl, that sounds wonderful! And how nice to meet your colleague

Feeling very down, I have made a massive mistake with the land, yes we do own it, yes we own the land at the back of their property but it's shaded green, I thought the title I downloaded that showed the red outline was correct and if something was shared, it would show as coloured. I am going to have to go and see my neighbour today and apologize

I am still however convinced that they can't have a gate open outwards and also I know I can deffo prove the land at the front is mine..not where they think the boundary should be, the plan shows the boundary as their original porch wall, even if they dispute that it doesn't matter as I can claim adverse possession! I have a photo of me aged 7 stood by the fence and we have maintained the land at our cost for 35 years, we all know it's our garden anyway but I may have lost my parking and sadly my neighbours for her but I am hoping I can get their porch roof removed along with the cladding and downpipe

I would check with solicitor before apologising to your unpleasant neighbours, after the way they have spoken to you. Best to do in writing and keep a copy, otherwise they could distort anything you say.

Re-reading, I am not sure which neighbours you need to apologise to? Is it the nice one? When I posted earlier I thought it was the horrid ones.

Baby blackbird hopped in through the kitchen door this morning, squeaking loudly for mum. I shut the door quick as Wispa was following it. Had to retrieve it from under the table, then took it out and put it on a wall and it flew off down the garden while I brought Wispa indoors.

Edited by owl

Yes Owl, I feel the need to apologise, she has lost her parking because of me, mad that you own land and parking there affects nobody else but that pair of nobs can have our car removed.

They are trying to get my dad and mum to agree to the boundary being about a foot over in my garden.