UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

I just looked up the price of guinea pig hutches...good grief! Not to mention the price of the piggies themselves!  Maybe better stick to hamsters, at least I already have the cage (and Max, at the moment.) I'll have to check out the ads online for second hand hutches, although then you risk them not being sterile.  Can't do anything until we've had our break in Scotland anyway.  

Very hot here. Did a link of a transport relay, just 40 miles north and then back so not too bad except the A1 was congested on way back. Very glad of air conditioning.

If I outlive Wispa I will not have another dog but will foster oldies. My friend who does border terrier rescue has put an ancient BT in foster with her 90 year old mum. It is working well for all concerned. My friend sees both of them morning and evening so can keep an eye.

• Like 1

Ooooh I like those ideas black magic & Suzeanna. 

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day here. Not looking forward to the Bank holiday weekend and Whit week as it will be heaving here. 

We are going to try & finish the attic off this weekend. We really need to press on now, keep on with the de-cluttering and get the house on the market.

12 hours ago, suzeanna said:

Someone down the road from us fostered for Women's Aid, women going  into a safe house temporarily who couldn't take their dog but didn't want to lose it forever. I didn't even realise you could do that!

that actually started from me. when we were in a refuge, I had to give my dogs away. it was summer, and we got taken to a few BBQs with the top bosses. I told them what we have to go through. why cant they get with rescues and have them fostered, they liked the idea and set it up

you know when the Halifax staff were in the adverts, and they paid you to move accounts to them and do it all for you? that was me too! went to do a survey with the big bosses in a country house. the alarms went off so we was outside with them for ages. when I went in for the survey I suggested all that. they loved it, and it all started just after

thank youuuuuu

Edited by Jazz

Bloody hell Jazz.

Aw I am not getting to see Taz after all this morning. My brother walked out of his job the day before last and got a call yesterday from someone offering him another. He's just been to them this morning and they want him to start right away as they are so busy.  

Right then. Genealogy it is today.

the top knobs for the refuges were taken aback that I was so upfront, but they just don't think about what we are going through. when I got to the refuge, I thought they would give us a starter pack of food, but they didn't, so told them that too. don't know if they did anything about it

Jazz, our local refuge... Coventry haven supply the ladies and children with everything, food, clothes, bedding..the lot and that's where a lot of my clothes and shoes go.

Yantan, I am sorry you won't get to see Taz but pleased your brother has a new job