UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

May Whats Happening?

Jazz

Good that he had the kindest of farewells but always so hard when it happens. Sending love to you both xx 

We had the best possible luck with our tracking. The hound was caught just before we got there! So we buzzed off to Rufford Abbey park just up the road and have enjoyed a relaxing ramble. Dogs on lead at Rufford and no bikes allowed so it is bliss for folk with reactive dogs.

• Like 1

im glad it was nice at the end xxxxx

flooring is half paid. they are coming next week. bit of shopping but im so dizzy all the time it wasn't fun. going to have to go in the doctors and book. writing didn't work

We are plodding on Griff, thanks for asking . The house feels awfully empty. I am feeling the loss more than when George went because at least then Archie was still here and the routine continued. I came down to nothing this morning. No wobbly little man coming to greet me, no wee or poo to deal with, towels to wash, dish to fill or water to change. 

I'm trying to get my head stuck into genealogy research to keep me busy. I've been out and washed my car first thing this morning.  

black magic thank you for that poem :bigheart3:

How is everyone else today? 

you can take your mind off him by packing, clearing and looking for a house. I know how hard it is, been thinking of you two xxxx

mouse has a loose front tooth. still eating and having chews. hopefully something will knock it out rather than the stress of the vet. ooo have to insure kevin

Awwww Yantan, I haven't been dogless since I have had a dog and I would feel so alien to me! 

Trouble next door again...I won't bore you all with it but they are hassling my neighbour too

Jazz, hope the tooth comes out

I had half hours sleep last night

It is extraordinary how the house feels empty, Yantan.  After we drop the dogs off at the kennels the car seems so quiet and empty despite the fact that the dogs lie down and sleep or sit and look out the window. They do not make any noise but somehow the car feels different.

We have had at least one  dog since 1972 and2 or 3 since since 1982. However  I fear the current two  may be the last as our age means a dog would probably outlive us.

Glad the old greyhound was found, Owl. Old dogs are so special but can be  take as much watching over as a puppy.

We have had low cloud and drizzle non stop since Monday and temperatures of 9 and 10degrees. A big change from last week. Not much fun for the many camper van tourist up here at the moment.

Aw not again Griff. Pair of feckless twerps.

This is the first time in 45 years that I haven't had a pet in the home.  My brother is bringing his dog round tomorrow. You have all heard me mention Taz. I want him to get used to coming here so I can doggy sit him for them. He couldn't come before because of The Archibald. He loved Taz outside of his house but no Taz, or any other dog, were allowed inside.

That's something we are a bit worried about blackmagic - having another dog outlive us, especially if we wait for any length of time before adopting another. 

Yes same here with the weather. It's not raining but the sky looks threatening and it's certainly a lot cooler. 

We started our dog life together with a dobe bitch back in 1988 and have always had overlapping dogs since, when Rosie died so unexpectedly that was the first time there hasn't been a dog..or any animal come to that ..in the house.  We rushed into getting Candy as we couldn't stand the emptiness, but she's at least nine and possibly older, so assuming I'm still here when she goes we won't have another permanent one, but whether it's both of us or just Philip, there'd probably be a foster for Oldies Club or something similar.  I'd like a cat again, we couldn't have one with Dylan as he hated cats but Candy likes them, but we've got a busy road and a neighbour who loathes cats and has a Bedlington terrier he used for rabbiting, so unless it's a house cat I don't think that will happen.  I am leaning towards guinea pigs....

Really hot here today, Candy is not happy in hot weather, I think she's a husky masquerading as a cocker! 

I would love to foster but everyone that knows me says "the first one in will never leave". 

It's an awful thing to say really but, as much we are devastated at the loss of Archie,  it's going to be rather nice  to be able to go places together and take off at the drop of a hat. We won't be looking at getting another dog until after the Queen Mary 2 trip which isn't until next May.  That's if we can hold out.

• Like 1