UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Glad your friends enjoyed their visit Yantan and hope they're home safe and sound real soon. Also hope Mel gets through next week as well as he can.

Suzeanna, as Griff says, the lady was probably happy that you stopped and spoke to her and asked after her husband. Don't stop being your usual caring self xx

Monsoon weather here tonight but garden needs it so I'm not complaining. Much cooler now too.

Have a lovely evening xx

• Like 1

I know how you felt , Suzeanna.

When I bought one of my pups the breeder still had to register the pups and the new owners were asked for names.

I sent mine but hadn't heard anything so in January I decided to phone and find out what was happening. I knew the KC could be slow but the pups had to be registered by 1 year old or the charge was £50 each pup. The litter were a year old in May.

After hesitating for few days i phoned and a man answered. I asked fro Susan but was told she was not there at the moment. I asked when she would be back, as there was no point phoning back until she was there. Imagine how I felt when he replied'Actually, m dad died this morning'.

He asked what it was about and I explained. He said he would tell Susan.

Susan dod phone me and said the KC had rejected the names submitted so she had picked others and gave me a choice of what was available.

I waited a few weeks but heard no more so phoned again.

This time a woman answered who said she was Susan's sister. I told her I was phoning because I hadn't received the KC papers. She replied that Susan had had a stroke - after the strain of nursing her husband- and had been in a coma for three weeks.

She found the KC papers filled in but they needed Susan's signature.

i did receive the papers shortly afterwards but I don't know of Susan recovered to sign them or someone else signed them.

Susan was in her 70's but did recover enough to attend shows again.

We have missed most of the rain about here. Any we did have has been at night.

But it has been cold at night , -4 two nights ago.- with very warm, sunny days.

I saw a large object on the side of one of the trees up the back of the garden. I thought it might be a wasp nest.

Jim got out the binoculars and it turned out to be Tawny owl roosting on a branch of the tree. It was only about head height. I would have thought it would have felt safer higher up..

We left him to sleep.

We do hear 4 of them in different trees calling to each other at night and wonder what the conversation is about.

The two clutches of pheasants are thriving. They now come running when they hear the car engine when we come home.

When they get desperate they sit on the window sill and bang on the window to tell us it is feeding time.

Eve, chucked it down here too!

Had a bit of a nightmare day, one parcel I was waiting on didn't come, then I called Steve, got a message back saying call me in 15, so I said no, he said call in 20, I said no, so he said he would call..I was going in the shower so would catch him later. He called me after a bit, turns out his crazy polish ex had shown up with one of her kids in tow wanting the phone she had given him back, as it was chucking it down he let her in, she started going on about how he owed her this and that and how nobody at work believed there was anything wrong with him!and the best bit..she has my number and is going to call me, I just laughed and said she is most welcome to, there's nothing in this world she can say that will bother me (Steve and I were just friends..i got him back on his feet after her)and to be honest next time I see her I a going to knock her out, I blew my top at Steve..he still hasn't got his door key back and he is that stupid he can't see when he is being manipulated, she turned up with the little lad because she knew if it was just her Steve would leave her on the doorstep, obviously in the rain he would let her in with the little one in tow...I pointed out she had a car and had no need to take him to Steve's door, especially as she knew they would end up arguing..I think she is a disgusting individual and I feel so very sorry for her children

Edited by griff

I'm chuckling away at the pheasants knocking to be fed.

Bloody hell Griff. She sounds like a right one. I can't be doing with manipulative people.

Yankee friends had their flight delayed by over an hour and then had hold-up's getting through JFK. They finally made it home at 3.30am their time, 8.30am our time which they were still on. It it lovely going places but the travelling sucks.

Oooo Yantan, I don't think I could cope with "proper" travel! I am o.k if it's a couple of hours difference but more than that and I would be totally confused

Yes...she is a right one, uses men for whatever she can..in Steve's case a home for her and her kids and childcare and then when it doesn't work out threatens them with court unless they pay back what she paid in her share of the bills.. seems to think she can live in someone's home rent free and when I say enough, I am going to batter her next time I see her, he kicks off at me! She took her little boy knowing on her own she would be left on the doorstep..same as last time, obviously threatens to call me expecting me to scared... well lol...I am far from that and I am happy to show her

Very bad scene with someone online. Apparently I am unbelievably rude and my conduct is appalling. I tried to build a bridge between people in conflict and misunderstanding. Should have had more sense. Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be blamed by both sides, yea verily.

• Like 1

I think someone is sorting it now. But having been given a load of abuse and threats of violence in a completely different situation on Monday and now being verbally torn apart today... I'll get me coat. Hope they are going to be nice to me down on the reserve today.

Apology for the threatened violence will never be made because really crap people never apologise. As for today, the person concerned can take a hike as I am not speaking to her again. I know I can put my size 6 in it and upset people and I am always sorry when I have said the wrong thing. But I am never deliberately rude or deceitful. I suspect the person who put me in my place is not aware that I am old enough to be her gran hehe

Totally get you Owl, I was in the same position the other day with the nasty argument going on. I tried to play the peacemaker and then was verbally attacked myself. Of course that there were 3 of them backing each other up gave them courage and there was also an element of playing to the crowd i.e each other. In the past my temper would have got the better of me but I am much more mellow these days, though not always! LOL. You are right about the really crap people never apologising. Also really crap people can never see anyone else's point of view or feel that they are anything but the ones in the right. Their brains can't make the computations.

I have met Owl, not under the happiest circumstances, and can say she's a charming person. Neither she nor Wispa were

anything but friendly and polite. Life's too short to let idiots bother you Owl, put it behind you (or get a voodoo doll!)

Edited by suzeanna
  • Like 1

The internet can be wonderful, like this forum, and a force for good like DogLost and many rescues eg but it also gives a platform for some truly sad, awful trolls who have nothing else in their pathetic little lives. Don't know you personally Owl but from on here I know you can rise above the crap. Bloomin' tiresome though. What on earth do those cretins get out of it? Notice how polite I was and didn't call them what I would normally do.

Same with Steve's poisonous ex. I hate manipulative people. Had enough of control freaks with some people now out of my life for ever.

Present company excepted, the more people I know or hear about the more I prefer dogs xx

• Like 2