UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Honestly, turn my back for two minutes and everyone is writing reams!

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you, Griff...Jazz, glad the appointment went well. Yantan, neighbours can be hell but don't jump out of the frying pan into the fire, doesn't Cockermouth have a name for flooding? I imagine you have to stay in that area for Ruby's work?

Suzeanna yes Cockermouth got badly flooded back in 2009 but it was the main street and properties along the river that runs through the town, nowhere near were we would be looking for property. Keswick is just as bad for flooding and in fact one of our previous houses was badly flooded here in 2015. Thank dawg we sold it when we did as it the now owner tried to sell it after the flooding and didn't get a tickle. It's currently rented out. The house next door, which before the flooding was up for sale at £275K, ended up being sold for £210K. That's a big knock back!

Cockermouth is closer to Ruby's workplace so that would be a plus. She'd only have a 15/20 minute commute from there.

Nothing will be happening until next year though, unless Ruby makes a quicker than expected recovery. Her surgery is a week tomorrow!

How are you feeling and how is the pill regime going?

And where is Owl?

This evening I am anxiously awaiting news as my friend Ray, master trapper, is on way down to help catch dog who has been feral in North London since March. Been trying to coordinate him with relevant searchers in London and it has been at bit like herding cats. Wont' relax until he has got there and met up with them

On Monday I had a truly horrible day an I really cannot relate the whole story at present as still too raw. All turned out better than it might have done, but there was a scary scene at a friend's house with an angry woman trying to kick the door in and we had to call police. Nothing worse than an internet witch hunt where dozens of self righteous women (mostly) sit behind their keyboards and wind up some else to do violence. Left a very nasty taste in the mouth. For a while I was outside the house with woman threatening me and accusing me, shouting me down when I tried to answer. I am sure that only my silver hair saved me from being beaten up.

I know what you're talking about Owl..cocker spaniel? Woman sounds nuts, she should have been arrested!

Philip took his glasses out of his work bag last night to read something in teeny writing..guess who got all the way to work this morning, then had to come back because he'd forgotten to put them back in his bag? He'd forgotten his sunglasses too, and he needs those since he had his eye problems, even overcast days are bright for him. I did ask if he'd remembered his brain and he wasn't quite sure.

Aw Owl that has made me cross. How bloody dare someone threaten our lovely Owl.

Suzeanna I'm glad to hear the back pain is improving but not that you've got the insomnia. Philip has all my sympathy, I am having more and more senior moments and do things like all too often.

I'm glad that the sun has come out today and we have blue skies for my friends' last day full day here. They are travelling back to London in the morning for their flight back to JFK.