UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

Glad your friends enjoyed the good weather, hope their flight home is on time and lands safely.

Just copied this from a group for women with bone mets..one of the replies after one lady was complaining of insomnia and asking what others took.

I take trazodone, Xanax, ambien, 2 norco, and a muscle relaxer. These were slowly added 1 at a time. I have severe back pain towards the end of the night that wakes me up due to my cancer which is why I was given the norco and muscle relaxer. Otherwise, the rest was for insomnia. Good luck!

Good grief! this on top of the cancer treatments, it's a wonder the poor thing doesn't rattle when she walks!

Lol Suzeanna, makes me giggle...they give you stuff then you need stuff to deal with the side effects of the original stuff..never ending

Steve got his days all mixed up..had a bit of a nightmare bless him, he went to homebase to see if he could fit my bamboo plants in his car..nope, will have to get a man in a van..bugger!

You take a tablet for one thing and then have to take another to counteract some of the side effects of the first one. It is a bit crazy isn't it.

Hope you can find a man with a van Griff or even just the van and drive it yourself or have Steve do it.

I must stop looking at houses for sale! There is no point as it's unlikely we will be able to move until next year. If I see anything I really like it's going to be gone by the time we are ready BUT I can't help myself. Now we have made the decision I want to get on and move like next week. LOL!

Ruby got home from work last night and had to park quite a way off in another street, she was very tired, her back was aching and she really didn't need the walk from the car to the house. It's funny what you put up with, then you make a decision and all the stuff that you've been putting up with is no longer puttable up with - if you know what I mean? She said last night that it would be so nice just to be able to come home and pull up on your own drive.

We are lucky that we have our own drive at the back of the house but dad parks at the front at the moment, we try to never park outside someone else's house and we have 3 cars so rent an extra garage at £40 a month

I nearly punched Steve earlier, he pulled up the back of the house and said hmmm you need to carry on over(next doors panel) he said it looks wrong, I said not my problem and he said yeah but you paid for it...told him not my fence, not my problem and not my money that paid for it, he said yeah...you shouldn't have paid for her fence, just whack a post in and cut yours off lol....how long before she moans about it??

Seem to have missed loads in less than two days - you lot have been busy.

Had a nice visit with my dad, sometimes he knows it's me, other times he thinks I'm his sister so the conversation can be a bit confusing, especially when it drifts back to things 'we' did in Glasgow in the early 1940's. I just go with the flow and join in with memories I know nothing about lol. He's content and safe and that's all that matters. Thinking back to the time before we got him into the Home, we never knew if we were going to find him dead any time we turned up he was such a danger to himself. Social Services were adamant that he was to live at home as that's what he wanted, even though the care package was inadequate and he was in no state to make a decision for himself. Thank goodness all the care providers refused to have him as a client eventually and we got him into a rest home that knows how to look after him. Sorry, self indulgent ramble but I know you'll understand.

How horrible for you Owl to get caught up in that fight. Hope you're not feeling too traumatised still, and your friend is coping ok.

Would your house sell really quickly Yantan? I know Ruby doesn't want to move in the middle of her treatment/recuperation but it might be worth speaking to an estate agent and seeing what you'd get for your house so you know roughly what money you'd have to play with and how fast the market is moving in your area?

Eve, not at all self indulgent..I think that provided somebody is safe, happy and well cared for a care home can be a wonderful thing, I can imagine how awful it must be to know that a family member isn't safe to be left but a complete stranger dictates that they should be.

Eve the housing market is slowing down here so I am not sure how fast we could sell. My sister's house has been on the market since February and she's not even had an offer. The other thing is that we still have some remedial work to do. We are also at the stage where the whole house needs re-decorating and the flooring needs replaced and the garden needs a good spruce up, However it's what to do, redecorate to make the house look spick and span and spend more money and have the upheaval of having the decorators in or take a hit on the sale price to sell "as is". What tends to happen here is that new owners, particularly those buying to holiday let, come in and totally gut the property regardless of the condition so only care that the property is sound. We will ask the advice of some local agents on all of the above but the first priority is to get Ruby through her surgery and recuperation.

We had a lovely dinner last night with our American pals. It chucked some classic lake district rain down for their final morning. They should be at the station about now for the 11.45 to London. We told them that next time they are over we hope we will be in a position to put them up and that we'd take them to York and Edinburgh.

The lower and upper priced property round here seems to go quite quickly, the mid range sits there for ages.

I had one of those moments when you wish the floor would open and swallow you! Saw a woman who lives much further down the street as I got near the shops with Candy, so I stopped to say hello and asked how she was..then how Mick (her husband) was. She told me he died in April..I was so embarrassed, I had no idea. I knew he had trouble with his heart years back, but she said it wasn't his heart it was an aneurysm, he started feeling ill so went to bed early, called her to say he felt really bad and then..he was gone. That's the second time I've asked after someone's other half and it turns out they died, I'm not going to ask in future, just in case!

Oh Suzeanna that's happened to me too! I try and keep up now with deaths in the hatched, matched and dispatched column of our town's weekly paper so I don't do it again.

I had a Tesco delivery this morning the driver was Mel. I have got to know well over the years and he's a smashing chap. I haven't seen him for ages and it turned out he'd been off work for a long time because his wife died last November at 66. She'd just got retired too. He's decided to keep working so he's not in the house all day on his own. However he took last week off to look after his daughter's dog whilst she was on holiday. He's dreading next week because it would have been her birthday and their wedding anniversary. He looked so sad and so beaten. I was filling up.

Griff I think they will, well the older ones who have been there a while will.

My friends are now at Heathrow, their flight leaves in 2 hours. With the time difference they will land at 10.30pm and then they have a two-and-a-half hour'ish drive home to Connecticut. I'll bet they will be shattered but they don't go back to work until Monday so that's good.

My nephew, Dan, called in after work and re-fitted our stair rail. He's made a great job of it and it in double quick time too. It's lovely having family who can do this sort of stuff these days.