UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Augusts Better Be A Good One

Jazz

when i went to the disabled club, i got on well with a lady. she has always having something go wrong like me. I havent heard from her for months. her number was on the old mobile. ive text her, hope she hasnt changed her number like she does her facebook name

Do you not go to the club any more Jazz? Hope the lady still has the same number. And well done Griff for saving the day lol

Hope you enjoy the visit with your friend and her husband Yantan. Are they staying at your house?

Fence finished thank god!! It nearly killed me and I am suffering today, there's 4more panels to do without trellis but I am not rushing to do that

Still wound up about my neighbour and her comments yesterday but going up to Steves, I have the Dulux app on my phone and we can try paint without actually painting

It's really overcast here with low cloud. It's such a shame after all the excellent weather we've had that it's now not at it's best for my friend and her husband's visit.

Eve no they are staying in a B&B close by. We don't have a spare bedroom and my friend was only able to stay here last time because Ruby was away on holiday. They've got a hire care so they can please themselves but after rushing around London in high heat and humidity they just want to take it easy here. They are having a mooch round town today and coming here for lunch, before going to have a trip round the lake on a launch. We are taking them out for dinner on their last night, Thursday. They will be going a bit further afield tomorrow and Thursday.

Good job on the fence Griff.

I don't like going to stay with people Yantan... much prefer to have a nice time and go back to the hotel. Hopefully the weather will stay dry for their visit

Thanks...I am impressed with the fence, my mum isn't keen on the colour

It will grow on her, Griff!

Watched the BBC2 programme the other night with Ed Balls, finding out about why people voted Trump and if they feel his promises are being kept. After seeing where some of them live I can see why they were swayed his way. Oh..and if you don't like Balls, you'd enjoy the sight of him being tasered (he did agree to it). He's much nicer when he isn't a politician, I must admit.

I didn't tell you what my neighbour said did I ? I was painting the fence, she was asking the colour..she copies literally everything, so I explained we had it mixed specially...she has had a fence fitted for FREE, my mum and dad have paid for the panel, post and fitting...she said to me "oh just carry on over" she wasn't joking so I told her no, she went off in the house, obviously spoke to her daughter and came back out and said she would PAY me! There's a few things that have p*ssed me off, 1, she thinks we should paint her fence, 2, she is obviously going to copy us... again 3, both her and her daughter obviously view themselves to grand to paint a fence ( her daughter is a trainee vet....who has never owned a pet!) And finally she thinks I would commit benefit fraud. I really don't know who they think they are, she claims to have no money but her daughter has now got a brand spanking new car, she thinks she is something special and the way she spoke to my fence fitter...it was like he was a piece of muck on her shoe! He was polite, well mannered, punctual and a grafter... and I am not surprised she goes through work men like nobody's business. Mum called to ask if it would be o.k to go in the garden to do some bricking up and got the same attitude off her, her letting agent refuses to speak to her now and goes through a third party....I am not surprised. Rant over lol

Same Griff. You always feel like you have to be on your best behaviour staying with someone and even when it's good friends or family I am never completely at ease.

Suzeanna I think most politicians are nicer people than sometimes their politics convey or allow. Ruby gave Michael Portillo a tour of the factory for his Bradshaw railway programme and she said he was a really nice chap. We neither of us liked him when he was in the government!

Griff how awful of your neighbours. I hate stuck up people.

The strange woman at one side of us has taken in another lot of eastern european lodgers, who are surely and sullen and smoke like chimneys in the back yard. The smoke comes right into our house through open windows but it's still too warm to shut them. I had hoped the Hungarian girl would have stayed around for a while as she was very pleasant and friendly but she probably found her landlady as strange as we do and only stayed a short time.

I thought Michael portillio seemed quite nice on his railway journeys and I agree I think when they leave the party their politician facade can go and in most cases you get to see a different side

Honestly Yantan neighbours are pains...ifi smoked I would go up the top of the garden if windows were open. Lol...the Hungarian girl probably left for her own sanity!

I really have no clue how or why she feels she has the right to view herself as anything special. I commented that growing up I was a tom boy as I only had lads to mix with...she said, you were lucky, my daughter had nobody, I pointed out 2 families of children across the road...as a kid you just go, say Hi and that's it... friends, she actually said "I wouldn't want her mixing with those" the one family the dad is a ju jitsu master and runs his own business and the mum is a teacher, the other, the dad is a builder and the mum a hairdresser.... I see no problem with either family

• Like 1