UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Julys Get It Out There

Jazz

It rained at the reserve on Friday night and when I went to do watering yesterday I found that only the polytunnels needed doing. The baby tree nursery and the strawberries had obviously had a good soak :)

What have I got planned for next week? Housework, paperwork, chiropractor on Friday also car into garage for aircon repair.

Edited by owl

We have a clear calendar for next week and the week after. This is most unusual.

But it is not Monday yet and that could all change.

22 degrees and muggy here with rain at times. At least the ground has had water.

The crofters were worried as the grass was not growing for silage and hay for the winter and they are having to feed the animals because of the lack of grass.

One we pass going into town was out in force on Friday cutting and harvesting silage. He had 6 fields cut and 4 tractors with large trailers collecting and transporting it back to the store.

We now have a collection of baby pheasants 3 are bigger and are on their own but sticking together. they are quite bold now. One follows Jim into the garage to get the seed.

There is a mum and 4 smaller babies who still follow her and are still quite timid.

• Like 2

I've just checked my diary. On Monday I am opening a fete and giving a talk to The National Geographic Society. Tuesday morning I am having coffee with the Duchess Of Sutherland, lunch with The Duke Of Devonshire and I'm at the opera in the evening. Wednesday I am playing polo and then it's dinner with the Cambridges. Thursday I am giving the Queen some pointers on the occupants of her racing stable followed by afternoon tea with her Majesty. Friday I am having lunch with a big Hollywood producer who wants to make a film of my life and then, thank goodness I have next weekend to myself.

As if :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

Yantan, I think HM the Q would enjoy your company more than that of a recent tea guest. (Probably true)

Please give the Duke of Devonshire my regards and say I hope he is enjoying the picture which the Chatsworth estate bought from my sister and me. (True, except that I don't know him personally)

The police are likely to be knocking on my door early in the week and asking me some questions. (True)

I will get the house cleaned from top to bottom and the garden sorted (If you believe that you will believe anything)

I will go and visit my dogsitter who is in hospital with a nasty ankle fracture. (Sadly true, poor lady)

Apart from the above, anything could happen and probably will do. (True)

• Like 1

The only thing in my diary for the week is a medication review tomorrow at the GP surgery. You see a pharmacist, not the GP and I have a yearly lively discussion along the lines of "you need to be taking statins" no, I damn well don't and I'm not going to so forget it! plus "we don't give dispersible aspirin now, it's Warfarin" not for me it isn't, it goes with my chemo tablets from the hospital, not the same thing at all! This time I'm going to throw Letrozole into the ring, I want to be guaranteed the same brand every month as apparently the more different brands you are given, the more side effects you can end up with and I'll put money on them saying oh well, you'll just have to have whatever the chemist gives you. It should make for an interesting appointment!

I was on statins Suzeanna and turned into a bloody cripple. The diabetic nurse told me I would just have to put up with it but my doctor said "no you don't" and took me off them. I would have stopped taking them anyway whether or not the doc agreed.

Jazz mind you don't get arrested for lewd behaviour!

Ruby has gone to work today but she knows if she starts feeling tired to come home. As she says, she needs something to distract her and work will certainly do that! She's also going to go into Workington and pick my new phone up so I will have that to play with tonight.

We had a good amount of rain overnight which was badly needed. It's fair right now and cooler with a nice breeze.

I think I have broken my toe😂😂 I have no clue how, woke up this morning and it's all swollen and some wicked colours

Hope your meeting goes well owl and they can prosecute

I was on statins after my TIA's and I felt brilliant on them, funny how people react differently

Remember I said anything could happen and probably will! It already has, and it is only Monday morning. Lovely next door neighbour in nasty breakup, has taken child and gone back to mum. Mum only lives in next street, has just come back from hols to find house burgled to the max. I think they left carpets and some odd bits of furniture but otherwise have stripped the place.

I will now have an empty house next to me as it belongs to neighbour's stepdad. I am warned that the ex may come back and try to break in. Nice guy when sober. This morning he is very drunk.

I don't like the thought of empty house next door as burglars make a note, but at least it is a semi and a family lives the other side. Very glad to have Wispa on guard here, but I will not leave her alone in garden now they have gone. Not worried about anyone stealing her but worried about her doing serious damage to any burglar who sneaked in not seeing her.

Oh griff, poor you! You haven't been sleepwalking, have you?