UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

You are having a busy day Jazz. Hope everything goes well for you and for Jerry.

Very hot here. Archie has had his acid reflux overnight, he's had his antacid but we are foregoing our walk. Too hot and he's a bit wobbly so don't want to make him worse. He's not bothered and is currently napping on his sofa.

Thinking of Ruby and Jazz and Jerry.

A cooler night last night. First decent night's sleep for both of us for several days.

Worried about the Saddleworth Moor fire. A friend was packing bags in case she had to evacuate with son and animals last night. the air was getting unbreathable. Not online this morning so I assume they have all moved out. I think all the livestock were got off the moor. people all around area were offering accommodation, fields, stables etc

• Like 1

Hope all goes well at the doctor's Jazz, and for Jerry too.

Yantan, the benefit of having a scan done privately is the result should be much faster too, having to wait a minimum of a week, and nearer two, for results is hard on the nerves, take it from me! When Ruby goes for the result can you go with her, and if not can someone? I know from experience your mind shuts down if news isn't good and when you get out of the clinic you can't remember half of what was said (or maybe that's just me!)

Owl, you can thank me for the cooler weather as I bought a fan from Argos yesterday and had it delivered yesterday evening, obviously the Gods are upstairs laughing their heads off at me now! That fire on the moors looks terrifying, hopefully they'll get it under control today. Are they using planes to drop water at all?

• Like 1

my tests are done. went into lidls. whole chickens are £2, but one was reduced so got it for 1.40. thats in the freezer. got a harness for mouse. 2.60. never spent as much but got loads

think the kitchen will be finished today. painting will be done. ah, electrician to finish off, just noticed

love to all

The fires are awful. I saw some footage of people leading ponies away so I am glad to read that they've been able to move all the livestock off the moor. Good people always come through during and after disasters which is reassuring as sometimes I think the human race is pretty awful.

Suzeanna thank you for the advice, which we both appreciate. I just read your post out to Ruby who is home as her back is hurting and she just is feeling under the weather. I will be going with her. I went with a friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer and it was a good job I did as she forgot most of what she was told. I'm glad to say that 14 years on she's doing very well.

Ruby's NHS appointment arrived this morning and it's for Monday. We are hoping the private one will be emailed today or tomorrow at the latest, so she has time to cancel the NHS appt and it can be offered to someone else. We didn't know that the results would come back quicker so even if her private appointment isn't until Monday it will still be worth taking.

It's getting hotter here. Last night was the first night I was uncomfortable trying to sleep. I had the fan at my bedside running but it was just pushing hot air around.

Oooo Marion, just a point, if she has a scan private, ask for a disk..our NHS can't see private stuff but private can see NHS...not sure if that's countrywide or just here

My mate lives on saddle worth moor...I am hoping he and his staff and livestock are well

• Like 1

That fire looks horrific. The lunchtime report showed a man playing a hose on it not doing much good.

Can they not clear a fire break away ahead of it to stop it spreading? They did that here when a wild fore was threatening to reach the road,

I know they try to contain it and let it burn itself out.

The trouble with the peat moors up here are the peat smoulders underground unseen until it suddenly breaks through some time later.

I hope Ruby gets some answers quickly. Not knowing is the worst part.

When Jim had his last CT scan for the oncologist they brought the date forward a week, leaving only a week until the appointment. Jim phoned and asked if that would be enough time so they went to check and came back to say yes, that would okay.

At his appointment the consultant commented that the result was available as it usually takes a couple of weeks. When we said that we had phoned to check she said you were quite right. They probably saw Mr MMeka's name on it- they know him well.

I go in with JIm for his appointments now.

On his first visit to the colorectal surgeon pre surgery the nurse invited me in as well.

Later, when there was doubt about me be able to drive him to his appointment he said it wasn't necessary , he would go in the ambulance on his own ( I wasn't allowed to go in the ambulance ) I explained that when he told one person what was said it was one version, but the next person got a different version. He tends to ignore what he doesn't want to hear and only remember what he does want to hear.

He also isn't inclined to ask questions whereas I will. I like to know all the ins and outs!

I also went in with him to see the GP for follow up visits until he was 'back to normal'.

We have higher than ever temperatures today - over 30 degrees in the garden and no rain is forecast before next Wednesday.

The crofters are bemoaning the lack of growth for the hay which they are cutting now.

• Like 1