UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

it is hot here again although it was 3 degrees over night.

I THINK i will try him with one. It is not much to lose if he won't use it but he lies on the wet patches on the beach and the cold tiles on the house to cool down so he seems to like lying on cool surfaces. He also lies in the shade of trees in the garden when it is hot. Cleo just lies in the sun and pants.

Just gone to order and the postage is £6.99- nearly the same cost as the mat.

Edited by blackmagic

he said he was coming at 10, so thought id have a lie in. got up just before 8. 8am, door goes, its him to start. you said 10! I lied he said. well, your going to have to come back in 10 minutes. so dogs were fed, I was dressed, and got my first coffee. hes in the kitchen

At least things are moving now Jazz. Glad you like the floor.

It's bloomin' hot. I slept in so was about 40 minutes later than yesterday in taking Archie for his walk. We didn't leave until 8.30am and it was uncomfortably close. We had a nice breeze blowing yesterday all day but it's still today and the sky is very hazy which is a sign of humidity.

Has anyone had any experience of a delivery firm called 2MD? We've bought a new telly from Amazon but it's a 3rd part seller. They informed us that they dispatched the set on Saturday with delivery today but I've never heard of this delivery company. When I looked them up they have some awful reviews so I am not holding my breath.

Ruby is still waiting for an appointment for the MRI/CAT scan. I wish they'd get a move on, she is starting to feel a bit stressed by the not knowing.

Marion, not heard of them but then yodel have some horrific reviews but on the whole we have had no bother.

Does Ruby get any private health cover included with her job?? My dad worked for by and he paid into benenden....he still pays now and it's thanks to them I got my CT scan so quick..left to the NHS waiting list I would have died most likely

Yes Griff Yodel here are great, we've never had a problem with them yet when you look online.....

And yes Ruby has private health cover through work and will use it if necessary. A work colleague, who has been treated for cancer, told her that there is a 2 week rule (I don't know if that is it's formal name) in the NHS. The aim is to get someone who may have a cancerous condition to be diagnosed one way or tuther within the 2 weeks. Ruby did ring the consultant's office yesterday and the secretary confirmed that they have the referral and that "it won't be long" before she hears from them. However if there is no word by tomorrow I think she will trigger the private health process.

Archie and I are sitting indoors & sharing the fan in order to keep cool.

To be honest I hate going private but I look at it that I am saving NHS funds and with 1less on the list someone else gets seen quicker..mine is only suitable for tests so I go NHS after my initial consult and scan

• Like 1

Well Ruby got busy this afternoon and is going down the private route. She picked up a letter from her GP requesting a private consult on her way home. We've read it. Wish we hadn't. Anyway they will email her an appointment time tomorrow (we hope!) and she takes the referral letter with her. She's getting her self in a state and has gone to bed because, as she says, she doesn't have to think about it when she's sleeping. She can normally fall asleep at the drop of hat so I hope this will be the case tonight. She just needs to know for sure, to hear the words, to know what she's facing.