UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

Sorry haven't posted, I was trying to catch up with chores! It was bearable at clinic thankfully as the sun hadn't got round to the windows.

Yantan, I remember my mum saying when she was a nurse they always had stew the day after operations day, rather worrying!

• Like 1

Ooooh my nanna's tattie ash :heart: Never bettered.

Suzeanna its too hot for chores. Just forget them. I have. (Just hope we don't get visitors!)

Thanks Griff for the pillow tip. I'll likely be throwing it to one side a lot!

Archie had a short walk to the wood with Ruby very early this morning. It was quite cool and he was being an idiot running around using all his energy up. Our postie brought a biscuit for him this morning and the little git still swore at him - both before and after the biscuit :rolleyes:

Ruby is losing weight without trying which is a bit worrying. She feels hungry but cannot finish a meal off and really just sits and picks at it. I don't know if it's the worry and stress or it's part of what's ailing her. Her back is bothering her a lot and when she took Archie out this morning she was exhausted when she got back. She's always been so hale and hearty and never really ailed anything that debilitated her, other than a case of shingles years ago.

Awww Marion, can ruby eat chocolate? My GP told me if I can't manage food, have chocolate as it has everything you need to a degree, they are a bit minging too but if she felt able there are some drinks you get in a can ... nourishment or something...I will go find what I mean in a second...I used those when I was a lot younger

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/271113164?sc_cmp=ppc*GHS+-+Grocery+-+New*PX+%7C+Shopping+GSC+%7C+All+Products*PRODUCT+GROUP271113164*&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7N2k9rv72wIVJbXtCh0QPAOvEAQYASABEgLLuPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CL_vxvi7-9sCFUch0wod8mUNnA

Thanks Griff, I might get some of that milk next time I shop. I got her some chocolate (Mars bar) yesterday, it's something she loves but has been keeping off it for a while now, her eyes lit up when she saw it but it took a few tries before she was able to finish it. I'll get her a bar of milk chocolate next time I am out, that way she can just have a square when she feels like it. She's gone up to lie on her bed again as she can prop herself up with her v shaped pillow and get more comfy than sitting down here.

Jazz hope you find the pans. If you can find a baking tray you could roast your potatoes whole if they are new ones with just a splash of oil over them and salt and pepper or if you prefer cut them into cubes and roast them that way, good for both new and old taters. Or make your own oven chips which are far superior to the bought frozen ones. You can add paprika to them for extra bite or dried thyme or rosemary if you like those.

I know I only pop in and out of here irregularly, but Yantan would you pass my good wishes too onto Ruby? Hope that she gets some answers (of the fixable variety) asap.

It must be very worrying for you too, sometimes it's easier being the patient than the person looking on!

• Like 1

Jazz, I always par boil my potatoes before roasting, if they are peeled I bash em about a bit so I get nice crispy tatties, you can roast them without boiling but I am guessing they would take forever to roast

Hi Karen, nice to see you again

Yantan, the invalid drink is Nurishment. When I had shingles I was in too much pain to eat and I lived for a month on Nurishment, yogurt and V8 mixed vegetable juice.

Far too hot today. I did go out to see a Lancaster do a fly past, in fact it circled 3 times, at Shireoaks about 10 miles away. Then over to the reserve as I do watering on Saturdays. Everyone was amazed as due to the extreme heat I was dressed up as a woman! They are used to seeing me dressed like a typical agri-bloke in boots, shooter's waistcoat, ancient jeans and some kind of nondescript shirt with the odd hole in it. I walked in wearing a loose spotted beige cheesecloth thing, some pink cord trousers and a voile scarf with owl pattern. Nothing special but it created a sensation. And I thought no one ever noticed what I looked like.

• Like 1

When I don't feel inclined to eating my standby is cream of tomato soup or chicken soup and tinned rice.

Sometimes just a piece of toast is enough. Little and often.

Another hot day here. I an watering a different bit of the garden each day as there is too much to do in one go. The garden is like dust.

Strangely, the weeds seem to get enough moisture to grow.

We have an agility demonstration next Saturday and I am hoping it is not as hot as it has been today. It will be too hot for the dogs if it is.

Last year it was so wet that both dogs and handlers were soaked to the skin.

Nice to see another body from the past again, Karen. Maybe our numbers will slowly grow again.

Owl, a change of image always surprises people.

• Like 1