UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

Yeah I am not expecting them to win. It's always the same, as soon as people start talking them up and get all excited believing they could win then BOOM they crash out.

That's nice of you to worry but please don't :flowers: You have enough on your plate already! Ruby is alternating between feeling stressed and being philosophical about it all. I am wound up like a spring and snapping at people. I am fine dealing with folks online and to be honest this place is a dawgsend as I can talk about it here freely. To be honest it's why I am watching the footie, as it is a great diversion. As yet until Ruby has a final diagnoses she isn't telling too many people about it. So far her boss, the HR manager and her senior lab tech know because they NEED to know to cover her absences. She has also told a couple of close friends but it's not yet "out there".

Yantan, we worry because we care. Nowt you can do to stop that. I'm glad you can come on here and talk about it. I don't blame Ruby for telling as few people as possible until she knows for sure what's she's dealing with.

Been so hot here the past few days, reached 31c yesterday which was unbearable. I haven't slept properly for ages but at least the benefit of waking up at 4ish means I can get the dogs walked early before it gets too hot for them. And it's been lovely on the beach in the early morning.

Hope the appointment went well Suzeanna and you weren't kept waiting too long in the heat

Edited by eve
  • Like 1

Marion, I have accepted my problems and it no longer bothers me...if I wake up each morning and can get downstairs I am happy.

To be honest, Ruby is doing the right thing saying nothing until she knows, best just to say what you know when you actually know

Went to fetch my drugs...none done, go see reception...no record of them! Had to wait while they printed the scripts and got them signed off. Then went back to the chemist who was having a really good laugh with me, there is one make of chemo that suits me better than the others...I don't get as nauseous with it, he let me choose which ones I wanted and is ordering in some more for me

Nipped over to Morrisons to buy some beers, pack for me and a pack for Steve so I don't have to keep buying cans when I head to his...he has told me I don't need to take him things but my mum has raised me that I never turn up at someone's house empty handed...so just saved myself some pennies

• Like 1

Eve...I have a Chillow pillow (well a rip off version) it is really great and sooooooo soothing

I have a slight tan but that's it! Steve is proper brown, I have white lines from my bikini and flip flops but compared to him I look anaemic!

Suzeanna, hope you didn't bake to death

Thanks folks. The support from here is much appreciated.

It was 31C here yesterday too. Of course we have humidity here in the UK which makes it very uncomfortable at times. I remember being in West Africa in temps over 100F yet there was little to no humidity and unless you were bounding about being silly you didn't sweat. Today I was like a big greaseball just folding laundry!

We bought another pedestal electric fan and I must say it's worth it's money. I am also impressed with the firm as I only ordered it at about 5.15 last night and paid £4.95 extra for next day delivery and it arrived this morning as promised. It is way more powerful than our existing pedestal fan which Ruby is going to have in her bedroom. Archie is laying under the new one after getting too hot rattling his sabre at the pigeons in the garden.

Ruby asked what was on the menu over the weekend as we had a Tesco shop delivered this morning. I told her devilled kidneys for breakfast and a nice steak and kidney pie for tea. That raised a smile! She is a bit down today.

Do those chill pillows make your hair damp?