UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

June's Caring And Sharing

Yantan

O.k...it's official, my dad has been abducted by aliens or something!! He has said he will go back to America annnd go on another cruise (said whilst sober!) And when my mum said she would love to return to monkey world but my dad would be bored and it's too far he said"if you want to go back to monkey world..we will go" I think he has been abducted and switched or has a serious illness! Very out of character

Mum had a lovely time at longleat and got to go in the meerkat enclosure, she was killing herself at the monkeys trashing people's cars as mum and dad paid £5 to go on the tour bus and avoid damaging my dad's car)

Edited by griff

I have now realised the semi conscious scooter thief was probably on Spice aka Black Mamba. Explains why I could not smell anything on him and why his symptoms were unlike any form of druggy behaviour I have seen before and more like a diabetic hypo. A quantity of the vile stuff has recently hit the streets in Worksop, and also the front page of local newspaper.

It isn't until you don't have the use of something that you realise how you rely on it. I often wonder how we'd all cope if had no electricity for a week. I'd be demented I think.

If I was your mum Griff I'd get stuff booked double quick whilst your dad is in this mood!

I've bought a powered shower cleaner. Not sure how effective it will be as they all have mixed reviews on Amazon and elsewhere. The thing is that I can no longer get down to properly clean behind the glass mounts of the shower cabinet and mould is building up. I keep spraying anti-mould stuff along them, which works to a degree, but they really need scrubbed. This cordless power cleaner has an extension wand so that I can reach the difficult spots whilst standing up. Fingers crossed that it does the job.

That spice stuff is a bloody menace Owl and seems to be the "in" thing these days. I remember being at school and having anti-drug classes where ex addicts would come in to talk to us. They really got the message across but the thing was even if any of us had wanted to try drugs we had no idea where to go to get them. These days access to drugs is just to damn easy. How and why did we get to this stage?

drugs have always been easy to get, if you know who to talk to.

kitchn is empty. my friend did come

ive no idea where ive put stuff, and i moved it today . can you imagine what ill be like when they are actually here lol lol

My boys are 40 now but drugs were sold in their high school playground by ex pupils.

I remember speaking to them about it when it was reported in the paper. They laughed and said 'yes. we know they are selling them?'

Thank goodness neither of them had any interest in taking drugs.

I was always thankful that they associated with a 'good' crowd. As a parent you can do so much but who they associate with has a great influence on them.

I will be interested to know how you get on with your powered shower cleaner, Yantan. I have often wondered if they would work. I hate cleaning the shower and ours is double size now so you have to walk into it to reach all the parts but I cam only reach up so far.

Drugs have been a huge part of my life since a very young age..relatives, kids at school and people who live locally...I tried a spliff once..got a headache and couldn't believe people parted with money for that!! I thinkk if you are easily led you could easily fall into it...even if just to fit in, I am lucky that I am happy enough to say no and if I don't fit in then tough lol. There's a pub about 15mins walk and spice was a major thing there... people seemed to find it funny to switch people's roll ups for one with spice in it...then had a great time watching the poor s*ds acting like nutters and being oblivious to what they were saying. I can remember being at school and one of the lads took a trip...he was convinced there were massive spiders crawling on him and others...I will never forget the fear on that boys face (I did attend one of the most decent schools in the city). I think round here a lot of the problem is it is just the norm...kids grow up with it and it's just accepted...one of the fellas I used to drink with when I was a lot younger is now about 55, he spends his weekends snorting coke and drinking..he wasn't at all embarrassed when saying it in front of Steve and I...we both came out of the pub thinking what an idiot and how sad that a man with beautiful grandchildren would rather do that than spend his time and money on his grandchildren.

Edited by griff