UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Aprils Chatty Time X

Jazz

I hope you feel much better soon Griff. Good luck to your dad for tomorrow.

Eve I know how you feel about the plants. One side of our garden is the gable end of the next door house and they have too access it through our garden. A few years back the neighbour arranged to have a painter and decorator have access to paint the this gable end. My only stipulation was that he would work around the plants in the border that sits against the wall end and do as little damage as possible. To aid access I did trim most of them back so I was fairly confident that everything would be OK. Well that was until I saw the painter and decorator pouring something onto a big brush over the top of our plants and liberally apply it to the wall. It was only bleedin' bleach! It was his method of removing the green mould that was growing at the base of the gable end. He succeeded in killing off most of our plants and shrubbery.

It's still raining here! Why have you all got good weather and we haven't? You could at least share!

Yes!!! The good weather has arrived. It looks like summer!

The service person is supposed to be here from British Gas today. This is the service which should have been done back in November that they cancelled and re-scheduled for February only to cancel again.

Everything crossed you get your cast off today Jazz.

Hope your engineer turns up today Yantan, 3rd time lucky. I remember your wall painting saga. I'll make sure our painter doesn't use any chemicals to clean the walls. He's a good guy so I'll just have to trust he keeps damage to a minimum. We won't be back here till mid July so won't know till then.

Hope you start to feel better soon Griff and everything is ok with your Dad.

It's scorching here today was 19c by nine o'clock and meant to get to 27c this afternoon. Been hot all week and should stay that way till Sunday

Have you had a good old scratch Jazz?

Hurrah boiler man turned up and it was someone I kinda knew, more so his parents and his mum's cousin who is a very good friend. He advised me to call British Gas and complain that we'd paid for a service last year that we didn't get as he'd heard from other customers that they had got a refund but only after making a fuss.

Very warm here. DW took Archie this morning and they all went round a nice shaded wood before going down to Bass Lake (the only lake in the lake district - all the others are mere's or waters. Might come in useful if you do quizzes) Anyway all the dogs had a nice splashy time which kept them all nice and cool. Archie is out in the garden with his bed and a dish of water.

Eve that's a lovely temp if you can just lie back and enjoy it. I wouldn't like to be working in it though. The older I get the more I appreciate warm weather. I used to hate it when I was young. Probably because I am a redhead and very fair skinned. These days I ache less when it's warm.

Not a fan of the heat, and very happy that the windows I had put in before winter do really reflect it back. Plus more small windows which open, so can circulate more air. Had 3 bust days in a row this week, so have been resting in between putting laundry through and getting it all dry very quickly.

Next week is temperate, more my kind of thing.

morning all

anyone tried lintbells itchy skin stuff? started merlin on it this morning

my friend is coming back off holiday today, hope shes picking up all this dog and cat food, the hall is full and luna really wants to chew a bag

have a safe cool day xx

Still nice here, not sure on the temp as I've only been in the garden which is in the shade in the morning.

I like the sound of your windows Owl.

Not impressed with the online pharmacy I chose to deliver my prescription. I had to contact them on Tuesday to make sure they had my prescription as I'd not heard anything and there was nothing in my online account to confirm this. I was told it had come through the previous day and was being dispatched that day. I was expecting it yesterday at the latest (2nd class post) but it didn't arrive. The postie's been this morning and again nothing. I took the last of 2 of my medications last night. I'm waiting for a Tesco delivery but as soon as they've been I'm going to phone the pharmacy.