UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Febs Chatty Time

Jazz

We have the dawdling tourists here but being a single track road you can't get past them. They don't look in their mirror to see you are there or they ignore you.

They use the passing places to admire the vue and one even stopped in the middle of the road while his wife got out to take a photograph.

The best was the Frenchman who berated one of the estate rangers for going the wrong way. 'See, it is a one way road going this way. You are going the wrong way" It amused the ranger that he would have to make a trip of nearly 200 miles to return to base.

Others are panic stricken when a vehicle appears coming towards them, even when they are in passing place.

Where we lived before there was a village which was murder to drive through in the tourist season. The pavements were very narrow and parking was limited. It was lovely out of season but I always said I would hate to live there in the summer.

My aunt lived in Elie in a street where only her and her friend were permanent residents. All the other houses were holiday houses so the street was deserted in the winter.

There was only street parking but plenty of it. There was none right outside my aunt's house as she was at the corner so I parked in the first available space up which was in partly front of my aunt's house and partly in front of next door.

As I got out of the car a young woman appeared from next door and said could i park somewhere else as she was keeping that space for her friend who was coming to visit. She pointed up the street and said there are plenty spaces up there where I could easily park.

I politely replied that i had dogs in the car and and her friend could easily park up the street. She was speechless at that.

My aunt had a few choice words to say about 'these holiday people.'

We're lucky in that, although a tourist resort it's mostly coach parties so no huge parking problems. Apart from the Cowal Games, the 'biggest' Highland Games in the world, at the end of August. Then you don't move your car or you'll never get your parking space back lol. We try to make sure we're away that weekend.

No Yantan I will not be adopting another dog if I go to the open day. Can't cope with the three I've got lol. I volunteer for them so will be just trying to recruit some more homecheckers and transporters and promote some of the dogs for adoption. Good job they don't have any oldies though as I'd sneak a little old staffie in if I could.

Oh Jazz, didn't realise it would be 4 months in the new cast. Fingers crossed it's healed after that and you don't need another op.

Happy 60th to your mum Griff. Glad her party went well eventually.

I did 18months in a thigh to ankle cast, I used to pop in at about 4.30, get it cut off and come home...have a shower and shave my leg and go back the next morning to get a new cast applied, the staff were lovely and would tell me that they were ordering new rolls in and hide the ones I wanted for my next visit lol. My fave was a red and white hoop plaster, it looked like elf tights!!

Make sure you don't go mad scratching when it comes off Jazz as your skin is so delicate you end up with awful bruises and can break open easily!!

when they took the cast off on Thursday, I was just sat gazing at my arm and fingers, thinking about a shower and washing my hair, then he said another 4 weeks in a new cast

I got to sleep about 2am, having a meltdown about it all

but luna did a wee and poo in the garden this morning, that cheered me up

blackmagic that all sounds depressingly familiar to me. They must do their training here before coming up to you to put it into practice :laugh:

I always say that there is spot off the M6 around Kendal that tourists pull into to leave their common sense and good manners before landing in the lakes.

Jazz poor you. I thought the days of wearing casts for long periods were over. There is a material that comes in a honeycomb pattern that does the the same job but allows air to get to the skin. Has anyone seen or know of someone who has a had a cast made of this? I saw someone wearing one when we were in New York.

Another gloomy, wet day here.

Yeah, I know what you mean Marion, they hear it and mould it to you, it is great stuff, lightweight, tough and amazing the things they can produce with it!! I loved my cast, only hard bit came was all the physio after, 18months of your leg held straight and you have to learn how to bend it and walk properly again

Just watched ghost thread...it's an odd film!! Now onto the shape of water...not sure who comes up with these names

That should say heat...I need to switch off predictive text...it's gonna get me in trouble lol

• Like 1

i was given a tip by the plaster nurses and it really does work...scratch the opposite limb, i have no clue how it works but it stops the plastered bit from itching...if it's the honeycomb stuff, it should be removable, gently rub some baby oil or moisturiser into the skin...a lot of the itchiness is caused by the skin drying out

Griff I had to de-register my Kindle a while ago.I forget why! It's just trying to re-register it that is causing problems. This is my second one and I haven't had it very long. I think it's just a case of sitting down and working carefully through the destructions. I am not known for following them very closely :rolleyes: