UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Febs Chatty Time

Jazz

The ruffwear harness doesn't last too well, i have 3 different ones, look at the truelove ones Jazz, my trainer rescuer does recommend them and yes they do work, you will most likely be using a double ended lead, we are not allowed head collars, training collars or no pull harness' in our class...only positive methods are allowed so shed loads of treats and praise for the right behaviour

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Truelove-No-Pull-Strong-Adjustable-Dog-Harness-Reflective-XS-S-M-L-XL-11-Colours/122786308579?epid=26008397340&hash=item1c96a261e3:m:mjWIS6JWHNnbQk1Q6x3KSkg

Yeah you don't need to get Ruffwear when money is tight. Archie was a terrible puller when he was a pup and to be honest the thing that paid off most was us just stopping dead whenever he started to pull. Neither of us would start walking again until he was still. Then as soon as he started pulling dead stop again. It requires persistence but pays off in spades. Archie is very bright and it didn't take him long to click on. We've never had a problem with him since. We tried a head collar on him first though and he absolutely hated it and wouldn't come to you to have it put it on. We reckoned it was hurting him. I can't recall now which head collar we used because obviously I wouldn't recommend that one!

Ooh I missed a page. The harness Griff posted is the same one Archie has now. It's great. Our DW was asking about it last week as she likes all the dogs in her care to wear a harness so she can clip them into anchor points in the cars/vans they all use. She buys them herself for the dogs who don't have a harness. She thought it looked a good 'un and I told her we were happy with it. It often goes in the washing machine and there's been no fraying or anything like that. I especially like that it has a little handle on the top which is really useful for helping Archie in and out of vehicles or over walls etc.

Edited by Yantan

Tru love ones are front fastening but also have a back ring. I would prefer that but when I bought my Premier- many moons ago- it was one of the first of the front fastening ones and there were none with both rings. I keep thinking of getting one as Murphy's deafness may lead to having to use a long line sometimes and a front fastening is not good with a long line but all the ones I've looked at are expensive for occasional use.The trulove looks good and is not expensive so I will have a closer look at it. It is good that you both recommend it.

I did have Halti harness- one of the first ones- but it didn't stay in position. Because the lead fastened to a tag with the d ring on if the dog was at your side the harness pulled round to the side.There were many complaints about this.

We have warm sunshine today- hooray. I don't think it is to last though.

I have some crocuses out in the garden this morning.

thank you. premier seem to be there cheapest with good reviews.

lewis took me for a coffee and bacon roll, then a bit of shopping. went to the charity shop, got a hoodie that will go over my plaster and 2 pairs of trousers, so the skinny fit ones can go. they are comfy when they are on but a bugger to get back off over my heels

jerry was 11 yesterday and luna is 5 months today, so flapjacks are going to be made

I'm far from the only person here with health problems Eve, or nearest and dearest with them so please carry on with whatever you were going to say! Thanks Griff, I'm remarkably calm at the moment. Got to have a CAT scan and bone scan to check there's no spread beyond my underarm,and if not then I can have a local rather than general anaesthetic.