UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

Febs Chatty Time

Jazz

Just a trade name now, they're made in Stoke. The ceramics factory here closed down many years ago

Aw that's shame.

Deagan had somehow let herself out of the crate....I opened it as I could smell dog mess....yep, upset tummy, all blankets and beds in the wash and a poorly puppy upset at making a mess

Poor Deags. I hope she's soon feeling better.

Well I went out to defrost my car to take Archie for an out of town walk this morning only to find I had a flat tyre. I tried pumping air into it with my foot pump but I couldn't make it connect and all that happened is that air escaped even more. I went round the corner to see Andy at my garage (thank dawg it's so close!) and he dropped everything to come round with his own foot pump. He got enough air into the tyre to make the short drive to the garage whilst I defrosted the car windows.

So I walked Archie down to the park, came home to have breakfast and had just finished when there was a knock on the door. It was Andy who had solved the problem - replacing a faulty valve - and returned the car to me. I told him I would have gone round to pick it up but he said it was no bother. I asked him what I owed and he replied "£4.75". I couldn't believe it as I was expecting much more than that even though I know he's fair and honest and doesn't bump bills up. Hurray for the Andy's of this world!

• Like 1

Take care, Jazz.

We have tracked yesterday in East Lincs and today in N Yorks. Both are dogs who went walkabout when they were at livery stables with their people. You can imagine what livery yards and surrounding fields are like at present. I am fed up with mud. Wispa is fed up with inquisitive horses which are far too big. She only likes mini horses and Shetlands. She has worked very well and is out for the count. Slept for the 80 miles back from Pickering today.

Tomorrow we plan to relax and keep clean, for a change.

Hope Deagan's tummy settles.

Yantan, that is a mechanic to treasure.

Hope you will be o.k Jazz

Marion... that's what I was like, I was always in trouble for doing stuff that I didn't bill for....I think it is good customer care and word of mouth is the best recommendation

Owl, you and wispa are awesome

Thanks, all beds and blankets are returned to the crates clean and smelling nice...doubt the dogs will approve lol

• Like 1

Archie was at the vets for a post op check up and we got the results of the biopsy. Although he does have a tumour on his gum it's benign - hurrah! It's a slow growing tumour but if it gets to be a problem when he's eating they can debulk it which should be no worse than him going through another dental. The vet was really pleased at how he's healed from the root extraction. I had no idea how this was all weighing me down until I got the result this morning.

Oh and we have snow - or had snow. It started around 6am and kept on until about an hour ago. It got quite thick and Archie and I had a lovely walk in it but now it's stopped and the thaw has already set in.

I hope Wispa has enjoyed the reserve today and you too Owl.

Jazz take care and don't be overdoing things.

Brilliant news about Archie. You can't not worry, especially with the oldies. I do miss having an oldie, they're so special. Not wishing my dogs' lives away, mind you, just wishing I could adopt an oldie too but I struggle with three so another wouldn't be practical.

Hope you and Wispa had a lovely mooch at the reserve Owl. I loved seeing you on TV recently, you were wonderful. Still think you should write a book about your adventures.

Look after yourself Jazz.

Glad Deagan's tummy has cleared up Griff and hope they weren't too put out by the clean bedding lol

No snow here, but supposed to be minus 3 tonight. I don't actually mind the snow but can't cope with icy pavements so fingers crossed it's not too bad tomorrow, else the dogs won't get much of a walk. Didn't use to bother me but the older I get the more I have a fear of falling. Especially as Cooper pulls so much at the beginning of a walk.

Wish I could post pics on here, would love to show you my 3

Edited by eve
  • Like 1

I am still trying to put together all our tracking expeditions. Should have kept a proper log from the start.

This year I resolved to write in a diary every day. Nothing for posterity, no Samuel Pepys quality recording of events, just a brief note of what happened each day. I have attempted this several times in my life, and it is the first time ever that it is still going strong in February.

Very pleased to hear Archie's results.

Yes, we had a mooch on the reserve and some free running. Then it started to snow so we came home.

Edited by owl
  • Like 2

Great news for Archie! I had my check up on the breast clinic and he four a lump under my arm so sent me for an ultrasound. I had to wait until the end of clinic, nearly 2 hours! She took two biopsies and the second one hit a nerve, how I didn't swear I don't know. Got to wait two weeks to go back for results.

• Like 1

So chuffed for Archie!!

Owl, I do hope wispa had a good mooch

Eve, I hardly slept for fear of a repeat lol....the dogs were quite restless so I guess the beds are not to their liking lol

Suzeanna, I have everything crossed for the best possible results for you xx