UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jottings

suzeanna

think i'd be telling the hubby to eff off!! i had to choose between Diesel and my ex...Diesel won, no question...part of the trouble with Steve and i was that i couldn't go over and stay all the time because of the dogs...i only felt happy leaving them a max of 4 hours so basically got 2 hours with him as it was 2 hours travelling unless i could my mum to look after them

The cats are fine thanks Griff. Blue had an accident with his sharer last week. She had ridden him and she was washing his legs off. Something spooked him and she got tangled in his legs and trampled :( She spent the night in hospital and needed stitches. I'm glad in a way that if she had to have an accident, it wasn't when she was riding, as riding confidence can be so hard to get back. Blue is a total gent and he did his best to protect his sharer when he realised what had happened. She is just annoyed she can't ride for 3 weeks.

Hope she mends soon. Good thing Blue was so kind with her.

Wispa pointed at an apple-sized baby hedgehog this evening. She never touches them, just tells me where they are in our overgrown garden. She could tell this little one was not right. It seemed weak so I fetched it a saucer of water. Too weak to drink so I fed it droplets on my finger. Then we went back into house to ring local hedgehog carer for advice. She asked me to take hoglet to one of her fosterers. Went back out with carrier to move the hoglet, and it had drunk the water and vanished. Whistled for the expert tracker who located hoglet in long grass 20 yards away, looking more perky. Hedgehog lady said I should give it some of Wispa's raw mince, so I have left it with a good spoonful. It is a very warm evening here so the little mite should be ok.

Oh crikey!!! You are right Jayne....better a yard accident than a fall...hopefully she will be back in the saddle quickly

Awww Owl, glad the hedgehog has perked up...i want to adopt a disabled one but will need to sort the garden out first..i am confident the dogs will be ok with one

Hurrah for baby hedgie. We have Colin the hog in our garden. He actually has a run right through all the gardens on this side but seems to hole up in ours. One of the neighbours is a vet nurse and she is always nursing poorly and hurt piggies. She is very knowledgeable about them so if anyone needs any advice on hedgehogs I don't mind asking her for you :flowers:

Thank you. We have a hedgehog rescue group from Grantham who are closely associated with our reserve and have a stall on our open days, so I do have local advice and fosterers. Thanks anyway.

Edited by owl
  • Like 1

Jim didn't come home on Friday as he developed severe abdominal pain. They were giving him morphine and assumed he was constipated.

Nothing was working but he phoned this morning to say he was coming home today.

A doctor came round this morning and he has ulceration of he stomach and now has tablets for that and is feeling a bit better.

He is very weak but glad to be home and looking forward to his own bed and a good sleep tonight.

I am looking forward some routine days with no stess!

Black magic, hugs for Jim...hope he heals well and hugs for you as you must have been worried sick

Awww shame for the dogs being given up but pleased they have new homes

Yay for the guinea pig

I have burst a blood vessel on the back of my hand...hit it with the clip of a dog lead and it hurts like hell!!!

My mates dad was in hospital before Christmas was there for months, got let out and 3hours!!!!! After being at home was readmitted. ...he was all set for coming out a couple of weeks back and he took a funny turn....thankfully before release and he is still there now! Hoping he will come home with support soon

Jazz, my hand is bloody killing me....if it's still bad Monday I am crashing the nurse at the Drs lol