UA-12921627-3 Jump to content

July's Jottings

suzeanna

as soon as anything plays up here it is gone!!! i remember being in hospital and the laptop wasn't working right..i got out of hospital and spent £300 on a ew laptop as i thought i was gonna die and my parent would be stuck

It is 5 years wednesday since i was diagnosed...so pleased to have made it this far, might go awol for a few days...celebrating you see!! would be great if Stephen Bulpitt remembered my special day but i doubt it....i have learnt an awful lot over the past 5 years and i am very pleased...despite everything to still be here..Suzeanna, i know you lost your mum to the same disease s hugs to you and fingers crossed i have a couple more years yet!!

GPAi, not in remission, i am not sorry i have it, i have met some brilliant people over the last 5 years including 2 of my consultants and i must drive them demented..i skip off my chemo as and when i feel like it, go on massive benders when i choose and just generally make their lives awkward Lol...can't be doing with being told what to do, i owe one consultant a lot...he gave me the confidence to trust again and fall in love, he knew the next time i walked into my consultation...he just grinned...laughed and said "what's his name" Lol..he had been on at me to meet someone bless him

Sorry...it was known as wegeners...i can't spell the new thing..it may be granulomatosis with polyangiitis...i am not sure, had only got use to the old name and then they changed the name.. Basically I have benign tumours in my lungs, and my kidneys bleed, I have had 2 tia's and have problems with my heart, joints and waterworks. For some bizarre reason I am still here despite not responding to treatment...i cause a lot of headaches but I reckon I am still here as I have unfinished business lol

awww cheers Jazz , i am honestly o.k with things...my consultant thought i was a bit slow first time he met me as he gave me my prognosis and i just smiled at him and said crack on and do what you have to do...he now knows i am not slow in anyway but just a realist and accept whatever life chucks my way...i might not be that happy with things but will try my best to deal with it

My mums cousin is soooooo funny, she just whatsapped me out of the blue with a picture from when my mum was about 13 going bet you didn't know your mum could snorkel...there;s my mum with the irish cousins in a well dodgy snorkel...i sent it to my mum who text back...who's that Lol

Lol yeah Jazz....mine generally involved cars or booze and police Lol

My brother arrived safely from indonesia...he actually whatsapped me, he is currently sat working from home...abrupt end to a holiday! mum and dad are coming back today, washing up done, hoovering needs doing and i will attempt to iron my dads work clothes...attempt Lol.

Been up half the night, the blooming cat was crying half the night...poor thing has lost the plot...good job i love him, we will be off to the vet this week i think to see what drugs they can offer

griff, I reckon you are going to do a Stephen Hawking and defy them all, and probably outlive the rest of us.

Could your car have a thyroid problem? Sometimes overactive thyroid makes them whinge and act strange. Very common among cats.

We spent yesterday with our fellow trackers Isobel and Finlay the lab, chilling out in garden, picking raspberries etc. Also Isobel took me to Boundary Mills where I have never been before, and I bought 4 pairs of jeans as the last batch I bought back in 2000 have rather had it and are too loose anyway. No one can say I don't get my money's worth out of clothes.

Then Isobel started researching my family tree which proved more complicated than I expected, considering that one side has lived around Sleaford since forever, and the other side has been around Langford and Biggleswade since allegedly 930. The problem is that there are so many of them (average family size 10) and there is a limited selection of first names. Now that she has got the tree building started I will join Ancestry and see what else I can come up with.

• Like 1

Drat, too late to edit my post. I typed car for cat.

I am not belittling your situation. I realise that my comparison to Stephen may have been inappropriate. It is true that some people do defy all the odds and baffle the doctors, and I hope with all my heart that you will be one of them. It is also true that you may not, and I salute your realistic attitude and your ability to get as much as possible out of every day.

Owl, dex had his thyroid removed a few years back...but there are 2 different sorts aren't there...so will ask the vet

i don't want to live til i am 80 or anything...just outlive the pups that'll do me.

Mum and dad are currently near tavistok travelling back...done dads work clothes and tidied up Lol